Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted to make a payment

Options
  • 18-01-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

my bill is due on the 23rd i tried to pay some of it off today i find it very unreasonable that i was refused. im supposed to have 2 weeks to pay why cant i pay most of it off when i have the chance. very frustrating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Why were you refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Magaggie wrote: »
    Why were you refused?
    they say that the dd request is already sent to the bank??? is that not too early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Ah... I see, it's a direct debit.

Well if the request has been sent to the bank, the request has been sent to the bank, so any payment you make onto your account won't go towards this bill because it's too late. I don't see anything wrong with them advising you that.

Maybe the bank request was just sent yesterday, and if the bill is due for payment next Thursday, well that's four working days, which is about standard as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi PucaMama,

Thank you for contacting us with this query. To facilitate the collection of the outstanding balance by the due date listed on your bill, we usually contact your bank approximately 5 working days before that date. This is to ensure that the payment is received in time and in accordance with our credit terms of 14 days.

I regret that you were not able to make an interim payment as requested, if this request is made up to five working days before your Direct Debit collection date then we will certainly accommodate this for you in the future.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement