Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vine / instagram embedded

Options
  • 18-01-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible for Vine/instagram videos to play embedded in posts?

ie <vine>......</vine>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,386 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Vines are often available as reposts on youtube

The functionality to embed vines is not part of vBulletin and frankly probably never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Overheal wrote: »
    Vines are often available as reposts on youtube

The functionality to embed vines is not part of vBulletin and frankly probably never will be.

uhh yes it is

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2438206

• Registered Users Posts: 82,386 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boards doesn't use the core, or more recent, versions of vBulletin however. It's been modified from an older version iirc to suit the website's aims purposes scope and forum structure. But I will move this thread to site development as a developer inquiry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

We can add vine embeds into our BBcode parser system, similar to how the Youtube embeds work.

It would be a nice feature; will let you know when we start adding this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If its possible to add Istagram also. That would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Would be a nice feature, useful for goals in the soccer forum

Any update of possibleness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

While you're at it make it possible to embed tweets also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boards.ie: Pablo

Some links are now recognized and embedded automatically:

Vine: https://vine.co/v/MiAMY06TDUY

Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/dnQi4EGuZx/

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/kodaline/kodaline-all-i-want

Deezer and Spotify too, but they'll prompt you to login

There are still some places where they won't render right away (ajax quick reply and preview) but we'll get to that. It should also be possible to embed tweets.

There are still some places where they won't render right away (ajax quick reply and preview) but we'll get to that. It should also be possible to embed tweets.

Woohoo \o/

• Advertisement

Trying to embed tweets but it's not working

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/499941765538123776

Also, the vine one needs to be set to muted as default. Loaded this page in mobile and it was blaring

Sorry, I meant that twitter is almost finished, but not yet implemented.

I'll take a look at the vine issue tomorrow. Would you mind telling me what browser you used in your mobile?

Sorry, I meant that twitter is almost finished, but not yet implemented.

I'll take a look at the vine issue tomorrow. Would you mind telling me what browser you used in your mobile?

Dolphin HD on Android, it doesn't play automatically on Chrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I can't exit the Vines in Safari on iPhone. When I press play it activates in the player and runs continuously as expected but when I press done it goes back to the web page for a fraction of a second but then returns to the player.
    I have to close the browser from the task manager to get rid of it.

Twitter links now should be embedded correctly, and you should be able to see this in the preview before posting too.

Regarding mobiles, I've been looking into it a bit more. I got the same results using Dolphin browser on android - it disregards the audio=0 setting (well, it disregards whatever Vine renders in its HTML).

On firefox, chrome, and android's default browser I had no problem - in the Android versions I have available at least. So video is probably dependent on both browser and OS versions.

We are going over some options, maybe just render the embedded media "closed" (the links toggle them on/off right now) in some cases.

I can't exit the Vines in Safari on iPhone. When I press play it activates in the player and runs continuously as expected but when I press done it goes back to the web page for a fraction of a second but then returns to the player.
    I have to close the browser from the task manager to get rid of it.

Would you mind telling me what iOS version? I could not reproduce this behaviour, but I'd like to. If it is an issue in Vine... I don't know that there is much we can do.

Thanks

Would you mind telling me what iOS version? I could not reproduce this behaviour, but I'd like to. If it is an issue in Vine... I don't know that there is much we can do.

Thanks

7.1 on iPhone 4.

That issue seems to be fixed now. Cheers :)

Thanks for adding it :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement