Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latency/Lag issues on XB1...NEED HELP..:-)

Options
  • 18-01-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I could do with some help with Latency/Lag issues i'm having on XB1....

I have UPC 150mb and every test i do says i have no problems and that everything should work fibe ...but it doesn't..:-(

Playing Ghosts i notice that when i get shot i might feel 1 shot but on the replay it was 4/5 times or that the person who shot me seems to see me before i see him...if that makes any sense..

Fifa is the worst though,playing UT my players react to slowly,player switching is always too late and my players take air shots from crosses or jump for easy headers but get nowhere near the ball,when i press a button to do anything it always takes a few seconds to actually do it..

I have opened ports,tried DMZ,wired ,wireless but nothing makes any difference,if anyone could throw a few ideas my way i would appreciate it..

thanks..;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Go into settings on your Xbox and then into network. Run the multiplayer test (or what ever its called) and when it finishes hold RB+LB+LT+RT and it should bring you to a page showing you your up/down speed and your dropped packets. It will also show your latency and after a minute or two the (...) under NAT should update with your NAT type.

My latency is at 160ms which probably explains why i get killed around corners in Battlefield all the time!! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

craze7 wrote: »
    Go into settings on your Xbox and then into network. Run the multiplayer test (or what ever its called) and when it finishes hold RB+LB+LT+RT and it should bring you to a page showing you your up/down speed and your dropped packets. It will also show your latency and after a minute or two the (...) under NAT should update with your NAT type.

My latency is at 160ms which probably explains why i get killed around corners in Battlefield all the time!! :/

The reason your latency is showing 160 is because xbox pings the us. So don't worry too much about that, mine shows 151 ms. Their are problems with bf4 that are well known. Have a read in the bf forum. Sorry for going ot.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stephen2022

I've done lots of different tests and everything i do says my connection is fine and i should have no trouble playing games online but...i do..:-(

As usual no one in UPC tech support...ha ha ha....knows anything about gaming and they refuse to accept that they may be at fault..i had better online gaming years ago ****ty 2/3mb.....

No idea how a supposedly improved service and much higher speeds can make it worse but it has...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I've done lots of different tests and everything i do says my connection is fine and i should have no trouble playing games online but...i do..:-(

As usual no one in UPC tech support...ha ha ha....knows anything about gaming and they refuse to accept that they may be at fault..i had better online gaming years ago ****ty 2/3mb.....

No idea how a supposedly improved service and much higher speeds can make it worse but it has...
    Have you done the test as stated above? Any
    Packet loss? Tbh the only game that I have trouble with is bf4.and I am on Upc too 100 meg. I find them to be great bb providers

deco nate wrote: »
    Have you done the test as stated above? Any
    Packet loss? Tbh the only game that I have trouble with is bf4.and I am on Upc too 100 meg. I find them to be great bb providers

Yes..did all the tests and plenty more through my laptop and as i said everything says i should have no trouble gaming but Fifa UT is unplayable and Ghosts is hit and miss...

What i don't get is it makes no difference if there's 1 or 3 consoles and other stuff on at the same time or even if it's wired or wireless it still plays the same way,i don't mind the odd laggy stuttery game as that happens but this button delay latency/out of sync feeling is a real pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yes..did all the tests and plenty more through my laptop and as i said everything says i should have no trouble gaming but Fifa UT is unplayable and Ghosts is hit and miss...

What i don't get is it makes no difference if there's 1 or 3 consoles and other stuff on at the same time or even if it's wired or wireless it still plays the same way,i don't mind the odd laggy stuttery game as that happens but this button delay latency/out of sync feeling is a real pain.

Might be worth checking your tv. does it apply any kind of motion smoothing / processing to the images?

if you can get your hands on a copy of guitar hero or rock band, there used to be a utility to adjust for the delay between your console and tv.

Might be worth checking your tv. does it apply any kind of motion smoothing / processing to the images?

if you can get your hands on a copy of guitar hero or rock band, there used to be a utility to adjust for the delay between your console and tv.

It's a fairly new Samsung that has a game mode which is enabled..

I have loads of guitar hero games for the 360...will set it back up and see if there's a problem with delay..thanks..;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a fairly new Samsung that has a game mode which is enabled..

I have loads of guitar hero games for the 360...will set it back up and see if there's a problem with delay..thanks..;-)

game mode usually bypasses all the post processing so that might not be your issue. have you had any luck since?

game mode usually bypasses all the post processing so that might not be your issue. have you had any luck since?

Haven't setup the 360 to try out the GH stuff but had an engineer out over the weekend to sort out a phone issue and he was a subcontractor and he went around changing a few connections and cables and although it's not perfect it's defo better than it was...i am in the process of running a cable so i can have the modem in the room with the XB1 and it will be fed with new cable rat
    her than the current 13 yr old crappy TV coaxial stuff that runs through the rest of the house so hopefully that helps when it's connected this week..

Advertisement