Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiss football team to Dublin - what to do after hours?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 6:22pm

Hello. I am organizing our football team's yearly voyage this year and we are arriving in Dublin in November. It is to me to arrange this as my english is good and I love Ireland (I have never visited, but I am every year at Guinness Irish Festival in Sion). We are staying in Conrad Dublin and will visit places recommended on visitdublin.com like Johnnie Fox's and Guinness Factory.

My question is what is good for us after hours? We are men in our 30s and 40s some married some not. I am not finding frank talk on the internet about where is good night-clubs.

Thank you for your advices. I wait for you for all complimentary questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Moving from After Hours (not meaning "after hours" entertainment forum), you might get a better response here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I've removed some replies because they were not helpful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If you're here on the 2nd you could catch the FAI Cup Final which is played in the Aviva Stadium. Tickets normally cost E10.

Thank you. I am getting a response in my gmail "Too early to being up the Nazi gold?". What is this saying? I am not understanding the Irish humor on this site. We were neutral in the war (like Ireland?).

Thank you for this information. It is €10 to register in advance the ticket for your final? Or it is €10 for paying for the ticket of your final? It is not possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thank you. I am getting a response in my gmail "Too early to being up the Nazi gold?". What is this saying? I am not understanding the Irish humor on this site. We were neutral in the war (like Ireland?).

I deleted that response, don't worry too much about it, you posted in a part of boards that is known for that type of posting. You'll get more helpful replies here.

This email before is for "artanevilla".

January wrote: »
    I deleted that response, don't worry too much about it, you posted in a part of boards that is known for that type of posting. You'll get more helpful replies here.

I am understanding now how the emailing is working. Nazi is Germany. We are Switzerland = Neutral. I am not even speaking German. We are Suisse Romande, speaking French. That "Red Pepper" who emails me about "Nazi Gold" is like Americans who says Ibrahimovic is playing for Switzerland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Copper face jacks is probably one of Dublins most (in)famous nightclubs.
    Plenty of 'Craic' to be had here!
    Highly advisable for the single lads! :D
    Temple Bar contains all the pubs where the tourists usually go, but prices can be very dear.
    It may be worth a look, but I wouldn't spend all your time or money there.
    The Conrad is v near Coppers nightclub.
    A good pub would be O'Donoghues on Merrion Row, not far away.
    The Dubliners started off here, and its usually packed full of a good crowd.
    Lastly, have a great time!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Copper face jacks is probably one of Dublins most (in)famous nightclubs.
    Plenty of 'Craic' to be had here!
    Highly advisable for the single lads! :D

This is the informations that I am looking for. "Craic" yes, I understand. You Irish are famous for that. We have imagination of "les anglaises" English/Irish womens as fat but fun. It's true?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thank you for this information. It is €10 to register in advance the ticket for your final? Or it is €10 for paying for the ticket of your final? It is not possible?

€10 for the final. Tickets won't be on sale yet as the competition for 2014 hasn't started.

€10 for the final. Tickets won't be on sale yet as the competition for 2014 hasn't started.

For the price of three coffees your cantonal final? It is not possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Skip Johnnie Foxs pub. Its a tourist bar and not really an authentic pub. Go to Kavanaghs aka the grave diggers in Glasnevin, beside the cementary. There wont be trad music, but its an authentic irish pub and looks like it hasn't changed in a 100 years. Its about 15-20 mins from the conrad on a bus.

Coopers has a late license meaning it will be open until about 4am and you wont find anything else like it in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

This is the informations that I am looking for. "Craic" yes, I understand. You Irish are famous for that. We have imagination of "les anglaises" English/Irish womens as fat but fun. It's true?

Fat and angry, too much make up . Think they're 8's when they're 3's, more baggage than Ryanair. Yes they are a hoot.

I kid I kid , you will have fun. Try Cafe En Seine. The hairy lemon a cool pub nice pint which is rare in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's true Jean! You will be able to get tickets on the day at the Stadium.

Believe it! Most people in this country support the English League rather than the Irish, but that's not a discussion for here, so you get about 10,000 at the Cup Final, which, in a 50,000 seater means 10 euro tickets.

This doesn't mean the football isn't of a decent standard though, and it would be a good day out for football fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

hfallada wrote: »
    Skip Johnnie Foxs pub. Its a tourist bar and not really an authentic pub. Go to Kavanaghs aka the grave diggers in Glasnevin, beside the cementary.

Don't give away all the best places now!

Thank you for the informations on pubs.

Can you tell me more about night-clubs. We must visit this Copper Face Jacks. Where else is good to meet fun Irish women? We are men aged 30's and 40's so not a teenager night-club.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We have imagination of "les anglaises" English/Irish womens as fat but fun. It's true?
    Wow! Even for a 30-40 year-old 'Russian', that is pretty rude. I hope none of the ladies you may meet are readers of this forum.

Wow! Even for a 30-40 year-old 'Russian', that is pretty rude. I hope none of the ladies you may meet are readers of this forum.

It is not meant to be rude. That it what we have in imagination if you like. It is the stereotype. But also a friend went to study there for six months and told me it is true. I do not know Irish girls. None come to Guinness Irish Festival here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

We have imagination of "les anglaises" English/Irish womens as fat but fun. It's true?

Great way to insult half the nation on the double.

1. We are not English
    2. We are not all fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I said it at the start even though my post was removed but I see WUM written all over this guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I said it at the start even though my post was removed but I see WUM written all over this guy...

Mod note: If you think there is a problem with a post or poster, use the Report Post function, tia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

In general, you probably would find the average irish female fatter than the average swiss gal

Same for the men.

Red Pepper wrote: »

And this is the one (Red Pepper) who is mailing me about Nazi gold, and you want to call me WUM? If I am understanding correctly (thanks for using Irish slang to a foreigner) someone who want to create trouble or who lies... Not me, you.

Any other nightclubs recommendations and reasons are welcome. (I already know about Copperface Jack's and Café en Seine).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Johnnie Fox may be quite touristic, but they do very nice food, there is great scenery and nice music.

I would definitely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Ye should all get taxi's and have an evening at The Blue Light pub in the mountains above Dublin, wrap up for November though. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blue-Light-Pub/119509234746936

• Advertisement

Alors, c'est parti! The planes are reserved. We are 16, coming to Dublin for the 6-9 Novembre. Thanks for the advices so far. Mainly we have decided on Johnny Fox's (we are tourists) and we would like to watch a rugby game or a hurling game. We will see what is available when we get closer.

Every night will be night club. The Coppers and if we can find a club for 40+ we will try that too.

Advertisement