Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd hand iphone

• 18-01-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I was looking to pick up a refurbished iPhone 4 missus.... 200 max... I see lots on amazon by companies that seem to take in phones in uk and fix them up and sell them on. I checked reviews on some sellers and they are 100%.... I tried to buy one but they would not sell to here. Has anyone bought one this way?
    We're you happy ? Would you recommend it as a way to get a reasonable quality iphone? Have people in uk that I can use to get it sent to ....iand they can post it on to me ... So no worries there ....
    Thks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I was looking to pick up a refurbished iPhone 4 missus.... 200 max... I see lots on amazon by companies that seem to take in phones in uk and fix them up and sell them on. I checked reviews on some sellers and they are 100%.... I tried to buy one but they would not sell to here. Has anyone bought one this way?
    We're you happy ? Would you recommend it as a way to get a reasonable quality iphone? Have people in uk that I can use to get it sent to ....iand they can post it on to me ... So no worries there ....
    Thks

Paddy

I can only answer the part of the delivery to Ireland, you can use Parcel Motel, they give you an Address in the North (Antrim) so the seller ships there once they get it they forward to your selected ParcelMotel, (most of them are in Topaz stations) they charge €3.50 for using the service.

Check they include warranty with the phone, also is it with Apple or with the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

nava wrote: »
    I can only answer the part of the delivery to Ireland, you can use Parcel Motel, they give you an Address in the North (Antrim) so the seller ships there once they get it they forward to your selected ParcelMotel, (most of them are in Topaz stations) they charge €3.50 for using the service.

Check they include warranty with the phone, also is it with Apple or with the seller.

Oh I didn't know that.... That's very helpful thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Are they unlocked?

jamesd wrote: »
    Are they unlocked?

The one I just bought for 220 euro is with 3 months warranty.... Heading to Antrim!!
    Hopefully will arrive without problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You'd pick up a 4 for €180 in good nick second hand.
    I'd want a 4s for €200. I've a 5 there in my adverts but I'm looking for €350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Waste of time, go local, adverts.ie, check their sellers rep and you're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

naasrd wrote: »
    Waste of time, go local, adverts.ie, check their sellers rep and you're good to go.
    This is the way to go. As naasrd says, deal only with solid feedback seller and you're set. Too many arseholes out there these days passing on barred ( or soon to be barred ) handsets.

dodzy wrote: »
    This is the way to go. As naasrd says, deal only with solid feedback seller and you're set. Too many arseholes out there these days passing on barred ( or soon to be barred ) handsets.

Thks got a lovely iphone on amazon delighted with it.

Sent back today!!! Ddodgy battery! Buyer beware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Can I ask, what is a good price for a iPhone 4S unlocked?

Good price 180-200
    Max price 250 (Boxed in top notch condition with all accessories) IMO

• Advertisement

Can I ask, what is a good price for a iPhone 4S unlocked?

I paid 226 e- phone perfect looking- call quality faded-- common problem - gentle probing with a pin to loosen years of dirt build up on speaker- it was ok then- It would not turn on the following week - suppose it was original battery still in it since day one- returned it to amazon -
    One tip for you a lot of amazon dealers will not post to republic , if you use parcel motel - you can use their service address in northern ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Good price 180-200
    Max price 250 (Boxed in top notch condition with all accessories) IMO

So most on Donedeal & Adverts are way over priced? even allowing a bit of bargaining.

Yep, have a look through the sold items to get a more accurate value as people can ask for any price really and there are a lot of dreamers out there.
    Sold adverts range from €180-€220
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_iphone+4s/status_sold/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

I would recommend checking that the size is at least 16GB, there are 8GB models being sold too which is definitely not enough space if you plan on using it for photos and videos. Keep in mind that unlocked phones usually cost a little more.

I'll be listing a few 16gb shortly

I'll be listing a few 16gb shortly

How do you know yourself that these phones are not or about to be black listed or that they are not stolen- do you use new batteries? Do you give gaurantee- have you solid reviews? I would buy another - need to be sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

parcelmotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

FWIW I'm selling a 4 on eBay at the mo but I'm up in Belfast.

truedoom wrote: »
    parcelmotel

What about it

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Hi cathal im demented here trying to find a 4s preferably 16 gb for my daughter whos life is about to stop need it unlocked too,when are you posting up.ill try and join adverts,can get an 8gb new for 330,would love it today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i bought my phone of www.smartfonestore.com.

very happy.
    i was looking for a grade B , unlocked phone and had to check their every day for about 2 weeks before it was in stock.

Apple iPhone 4 16GB (Black) - Grade B- sim unlocked delivered for €198ish (no need for parcel motel)

How do you know yourself that these phones are not or about to be black listed or that they are not stolen- do you use new batteries? Do you give gaurantee- have you solid reviews? I would buy another - need to be sure

I don't buy them from any joe soap. I have the account the phone was purchased on checked out and the phone unlock requested also the imei removed their account.
    I don't usually install new batteries unless the one in it is obviously bad.
    I don't really give a guarantee but I wouldn't sell a phone with anything wrong with it. The phones I buy to sell are always either fully working or broken lock button/screen. I wouldn't sell on anything I wasn't 100% sure was in perfect working order.
    I've 100% feedback on adverts and also on ebay too.

I don't buy them from any joe soap. I have the account the phone was purchased on checked out and the phone unlock requested also the imei removed their account.
    I don't usually install new batteries unless the one in it is obviously bad.
    I don't really give a guarantee but I wouldn't sell a phone with anything wrong with it. The phones I buy to sell are always either fully working or broken lock button/screen. I wouldn't sell on anything I wasn't 100% sure was in perfect working order.
    I've 100% feedback on adverts and also on ebay too.

That's great might buy one off ya...re battery the iphone 4 could be 4,5,6 yrs old I suppose at this stage ... I think that is what happened with the one I got from uk ....looked brand new in fairness 100%. Feedback also that is why I bought it.. Suppose it's the look of the draw to some degree, there is just such a huge amount being stolen everywhere , they have to surface somewhere for sale
    You can only take so much precautions I presume ...thks

Advertisement