Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and Radio Masters

Options
  • 18-01-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there,

I'm currently doing a B.A. in Media Studies and am considering doing a Masters once I finish my Undergrad Degree. There's a TV and Radio Production Masters in Maynooth and a TV and Film Masters in D.C.U., both of which sound appealing to me. I'm hoping to become a scriptwriter once I finish college. I would love to work in Ireland but would emigrate if I had to. Is there anyone who is currently completing/ has recently completed any of these Masters?

Thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

My partner completed the Masters last year and tells me that the course places an imbalanced focus on radio and cultural theory over anything TV/ film related. The TV/ film semester only lasted one and a half months, whereas radio & culture lasted for three months each. This left him feeling ill-prepared for a career in either of those areas....which he would prefer.

If TV/ film is your thing, he has since found out that there is a highly regarded course in Ballyfermot College where anecdotally he has heard that many people have been able to "walk into jobs in RTE".

Overall, his impression of the course was that it was expensive and not as practical as he would have liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emerald27

Thanks a lot - I would be more into the TV side as opposed to Radio so it's good to be aware of the ins and outs of the course. I'll check out the course in Ballyfermot College. Thanks again. :)

Advertisement