Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enlisted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

updated Sergent billco and that actor has been in so many shows which have been canceled.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

This seems to have slipped under most peoples radar which isn't surprising given the Friday night slot it occupies. I would proberly have given it amiss if it hadn't been for the fact that Hulu have it.

The pilot is perhaps the best of the past year it's not the funniest or the freshest but it does a great job of introducing the characters and their world. There's a nice light feel to it all and it never truss to be anything but fun. Episode 2 is equally as good with the characters all getting their moment. The scene where they practice shooting and one of the brothers talks about Harold is a joy to watch. Even better is the Toy Story 3 scene where Randy gets choked up describing the opening credits "that lamp doesn't have a family"

I really hope that this one makes the grade ad there's lots of potential here and it could easily turn into something truly specual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was looking forward to this one, a few months ago, saw they were throwing it on a Friday night, so said I'd wait to see the ratings before investing any time in it. The ratings for the pilot were horrible and it dropped even more last night, which unfortunately means it will most definitely be cancelled. The only question is will they air all 13 of the ordered episodes or drop it from the schedule after episode 3 or 4.
    If they air all 13 episode, I'd definitely like to check it out in a couple of months, but if it gets pulled in the next week or so, I most likely will pass - no point watching something, enjoying it and then getting pissed because it only has 3 episodes...

I was looking forward to this one, a few months ago, saw they were throwing it on a Friday night, so said I'd wait to see the ratings before investing any time in it. The ratings for the pilot were horrible and it dropped even more last night, which unfortunately means it will most definitely be cancelled. The only question is will they air all 13 of the ordered episodes or drop it from the schedule after episode 3 or 4.
    If they air all 13 episode, I'd definitely like to check it out in a couple of months, but if it gets pulled in the next week or so, I most likely will pass - no point watching something, enjoying it and then getting pissed because it only has 3 episodes...

There's a decent enough chance it may survive. Fox have spoke about the time slot and know that ratings there are never good and as such have said that they'll give the show a chance before pulling the plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There's a decent enough chance it may survive. Fox have spoke about the time slot and know that ratings there are never good and as such have said that they'll give the show a chance before pulling the plug.

May give it a shot sooner so... like tonight... ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, you were right. It's a good show. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dreadful rubbish. Like a rehashed Police Academy, only worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Rescheduling is always a bad sign in tvland....it usually signals cancellation: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/enlisted-being-pulled-after-next-week.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

They panicked throwing the running order out to put their supposed best episode super bowl day. So now the story with the girl behind the bar makes no sense.

I don't mind the show, quite enjoy it in fact, harmless stuff. Shame if it is destined to be cancelled, reckon it could have improved. Like Geoff Stults too, The Finder was criminally under rated.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be too quick to assume this move means cancellation. Fox have already spoke about the show and it's Friday slot and they seem to be willing to give it a chance. It may not be their best performing show but it does well in its time slot and reviews are very positive.

Catching up with the episodes to date and really enjoying it. It's easily the best sitcom airing atm and there's a consistency that few others manage. Frequently laugh out loud funny and with characters whom you can care for it's a show that should havea brightfuture ahead of it but I fear it won't be around this time next year.

You really have to feel sorry for Brandon Routh. He's gone from starring in a huge blockbuster to a thankless 10 second blink and you'll miss it role in a sitcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You really have to feel sorry for Brandon Routh. He's gone from starring in a huge blockbuster to a thankless 10 second blink and you'll miss it role in a sitcom.

I thought he was good in partners. But that got cancelled.

Ive enjpyed enlisted.Unless stuff is truly dire ill give it a watch. You can never have too many amusing things to watch :-)

I'm somewhat optimistic that we will see a second series of this. It does poorly in it's slot but with Networks recognising that and looking at DVR and Hulu figures then the show actually does rather well. Were almost in that stage when traditional cancellation worries are becoming a thing of the past and the Networks are catching up with the rest of us.

Fox really need to stop taking shows and airing them our of order. I'm sick and tied of shows on the network where one week a character is in a relationship and the next they're wooing the girl from the previous week.

Just watched episode 8 and would go so far as to call it one out the strongest episodes of tv this year. The trio of guest stars were fantastic and the manner in which they reflect the three brothers was a nice touch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but Enlisted is the strongest show of the past year. From episode one its known exactly what it was with strong defined characters and a willingness to have a little fun at their expense. The show is one which could so easily be cynical and mean spirited but instead it pays tribute to those who serve without patronising the viewer or serving soldiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Thrill wrote: »

Shame, I enjoyed Enlisted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Thrill wrote: »

It was a good show but somehow always felt that it failed to set the world on fire. I think a second season would have gone a long way to addressing that. It's a shame.

• Advertisement

Disappointed that this was canceled. Really was the surprise of the past year and a show that could have really became something special. Fox effectively sabotaged the show from the get go and repeatedly dropped the ball when it came to promoting it, even though Fox execs went on record that they realised how poorly the show was being handled and they wanted to give it a chance. Another year, another Stults show doesn't make it to a second series

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

That's a shame, was a great show enjoyed watching it

New episode has appeared. At least it looks like we get to see what is left of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Catching up with this and it really is just a great little show. It could so easily be another tired trot out of all the familiar tropes and cliches but instead it manages to do something that few others manage. It can successfully walk the tight rope between funny, sweet and heart breaking without ever falling off. The episode which deals with post traumatic stress disorder is one of the finest 22 minutes of sitcom TV you are ever likely to see. It manages to talk about it without ever using the word and is emotional and funny as hell. Genuinely shocked that this show never picked up an audience and really hoping that yahoo do pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

That's a pity, enjoyed this show

Advertisement