Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replace Linux with win7 laptopon

Options
  • 18-01-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭

so my aunt got a laptop back from my uncle from the states. The only problem is that it is installed with Linux as an os and she needs windows for college.

I dont have a hard copy but have cd key. Is if possible to replace the linux on the laptop with windows by downloading it onto this laptop and running it from here in linux and then uninstall linux from the computer after win has finished its installation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Is there a COA sticker on the bottom of the laptop? It should look something like this:

Windows-7-COA-nalepnica-sa-nazivom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

GreenWolfe wrote: »
    Is there a COA sticker on the bottom of the laptop? It should look something like this:

Windows-7-COA-nalepnica-sa-nazivom.jpg

On my one there is ya

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

You can't install windows from within Linux - you'll need to boot from an installation disc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

You can't install windows from within Linux - you'll need to boot from an installation disc

Balls. Thought as much.

I can just dl a copy onto my comp and burn it onto a cd though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

gufc21 wrote: »
    Balls. Thought as much.

I can just dl a copy onto my comp and burn it onto a cd though, right?

Yep. Once you have a license you can get the iso's from digital river.

• Advertisement
Advertisement