Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 16.00 Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

why did you not post when it was the other way about in yesterdays match thread ???

Suppose why would he be watching Liverpool - Villa as an Arsenal fan unless he had time to kill. Chelsea - United is much more significant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness a lot of Liverpool fans don't post in the Utd game threads, the ones that do seem to be the youngest fans. Fans of all teams with that maturity act the same.

So we can't comment on the biggest game of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

why did you not post when it was the other way about in yesterdays match thread ???

So people ruin this thread in return? It's all getting very childish and I have to believe that some of the posters on both sides are a bit younger than I gave them credit for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Ah cmon! Its all a bit of craic. It's only a sport fcuk's sake. Most ABU's have waited their entire life for this time to come.

Now ...that made me laugh :D Thanks Banjaxed82 well said and so true :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

The moment you ask England's most high profile racist to translate an African dialiect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That_Guy wrote: »
    Jesus, people are fúcking precious these days aren't they?

What does that post add to an already clusterfúcked thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

In the end though, the Glasers and Fergie really stuffed Utd.
    Everyone knows Utd's midfield has been lacking for years but nothing really done about it

the class of 2013/14 is nowhere near the same as Scholes, beckham etc

oh this post just gave me the idea to watch class of 92 tonight haven't watched it yet, might cheer me up, or else more then likely it'll just make me cry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

baz2009 wrote: »
    Post of the thread. Truly fúcking fantastic piece of insight on the game.

Why?? by showing Chelsea's points total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

titan18 wrote: »
    Suppose why would he be watching Liverpool - Villa as an Arsenal fan unless he had time to kill. Chelsea - United is much more significant

Indeed, well Chelsea would be significant for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

BNMC wrote: »
    6 goals in 7 games will tell you otherwise.

He is rubbish. A 4th choice striker If Lucky . Crap positional play. Bad finisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kevpants wrote: »
    The moment you ask England's most high profile racist to translate an African dialiect.

French you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

French you mean

No that's a language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »
    So we can't comment on the biggest game of the weekend.

Where did I state that?.

I was actually trying to defend Liverpool fans.

It's the immature jibes that I was referring to (which I stated that all teams fans have)

It's the league table buddy, calm down

Bloody hell.

Are Liverpool not meant to be still in with a shout according to some here so maybe he would have watched to see if they dropped points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Are you a mod, that you think you can tell others what to post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Are Liverpool not meant to be still in with a shout according to some here so maybe he would have watched to see if they dropped points

Even the biggest Liverpool fans wouldn't think Liverpool have a shot at the title tbf, I'd ignore anyone who thinks that, it's pretty much City's with Arsenal and Chelsea fighting incase they slip up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What does your post add?

People are so precious about their club that they'd rather derail the thread further by claiming that people are trolls because they're having a laugh at their clubs expense or posting something that goes against their club.

Seriously. It's football. There are winners and losers. There are rivals and there's jibes. It's all part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Harpy wrote: »
    He's a liability when things aren't going our way although usually you can see it coming.. Horrible tackle from him he needs to go away and learn some discipline..

Didn't think Vidics tackle was a red card at all it was a yellow..

Ref was terrible anyway..

United need to do something with their defense first goal terrible and then to concede before half time and right after.. Cant be conceding goals at those times, like conceding goals in the last minutes of games, it should not be happening..
    Nope, that was easily interpreted by the ref as a red. Cynical and dangerous enough to be well more than a yellow. Only *looked* a normal yellow in slow-motion. In real time it was just mean and dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kevpants wrote: »

An African dialect?

It was French!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Still annoyed at that red card. ****ing hell, awful awful decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lucky not to have two!

Even the biggest Liverpool fans wouldn't think Liverpool have a shot at the title tbf, I'd ignore anyone who thinks that, it's pretty much City's with Arsenal and Chelsea fighting incase they slip up

Was not a Liverpool fan who said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

just back from thge pub. Had to watch it with the most insufferable Chelsea "fan" (who only took notice of the game on the 50+" Flatscreen above his head once Chelsea were 2-0 up and kept saying "Thats my boy Peter" when De Gea or Cech made a save)

The standard of Refereeing in the PL leaves a lot to be desired. Several occasions in the first half Valencia went down under little or no pressure and threw his hands on the ball and got the free. Similarly in the 2nd half when Raf moved to LB he did a similar thing on a few occasions and won the foul despite clearly diving onto the ball with Keeper esque control. The decision to penalise Jones for Luiz bodychecking him while somehow letting Azpi away with cleaning Welbeck on the Penalty spot were fairly awful decisions. The fact Vidic got sent off for what he did was a joke too. If anyone in the match could have been sent off it would have been Luiz for leading into Tony V with an elbow and even that would have been hardsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't think any LFC fan thinks that. It was just a motivational bluster by Rodgers.

Signs of desperation if Utd fans make a big deal out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

David Moyes has now managed 48 PL away games at Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Man Utd without winning a single one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Where did I state that?.

I was actually trying to defend Liverpool fans.

It's the immature jibes that I was referring to (which I stated that all teams fans have)

Oh right. Sorry about that. Took up you wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What does your post add?

People are so precious about their club that they'd rather derail the thread further by claiming that people are trolls because they're having a laugh at their clubs expense or posting something that goes against their club.

Seriously. It's football. There are winners and losers. There are rivals and there's jibes. It's all part of it.
    Be grand if the jibes were funny. Posting trophy counts and deliberately going against the grain on an incident that is clear for all to see (Hernandez goal being offside) is ****ing boring. If you're going to troll, make it funny. All the people that bite are just as bad. Boring as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

it looked bad as it happened from the stands so i can see why it was given. harsh but vidic is the only one to blame imo

Rafa deserved red for that challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »
    Oh right. Sorry about that. Took up you wrong.

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To be fair looking back at it in full speed it was very aggressive and looked every bit aggressive frustration. Would it be so annoying if he tore hazard knee ligaments with such an unnecessary tackle.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    just back from thge pub. Had to watch it with the most insufferable Chelsea "fan" (who only took notice of the game on the 50+" Flatscreen above his head once Chelsea were 2-0 up and kept saying "Thats my boy Peter" when De Gea or Cech made a save)

The standard of Refereeing in the PL leaves a lot to be desired. Several occasions in the first half Valencia went down under little or no pressure and threw his hands on the ball and got the free. Similarly in the 2nd half when Raf moved to LB he did a similar thing on a few occasions and won the foul despite clearly diving onto the ball with Keeper esque control. The decision to penalise Jones for Luiz bodychecking him while somehow letting Azpi away with cleaning Welbeck on the Penalty spot were fairly awful decisions. The fact Vidic got sent off for what he did was a joke too. If anyone in the match could have been sent off it would have been Luiz for leading into Tony V with an elbow and even that would have been hardsh.

So??

McDave wrote: »
    Nope, that was easily interpreted by the ref as a red. Cynical and dangerous enough to be well more than a yellow. Only *looked* a normal yellow in slow-motion. In real time it was just mean and dirty.

I didn't think it was a red when i first saw it at all, it was a hard tackle but nothing more in my opinion..

The ref made bad decisions throughout the game, bad bad inconsistent ref..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can the resident expert tell me what dialect Jose is speaking here?

Can the resident expert tell me what dialect Jose is speaking here?

English.

• Advertisement

Shreeves sticking the knife in.

"Do you think Manchester United are out of the title race?"

He's such a deliberate shít stirrer. Still think he's one of the worst interviewers going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

tigger123 wrote: »
    Would you prefer Moyes or Mourinho to be the current Utd manager?

I'm not a United fan. While I rate Moyes, Mourinho is unquestionably a better manager
    justshane wrote: »
    Bull. united fans like to imagine this.

As above, I'm not a United fan. Mourinho has always given the impression he was after the United job, while there were plenty of reports stating similar. I think most would believe it to be true
    The dogs on the street know, don't care if the sentiment is true or not, what a stupid, fukcin moronic phrase that is.

Why get so aggressive over such a commonly used harmless phrase? Your reaction is entirely unnecessary

Shreeves sticking the knife in.

"Do you think Manchester United are out of the title race?"

He's such a deliberate shít stirrer. Still think he's one of the worst interviewers going.

Legitimate question. And it's quite clear the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

monkey9 wrote: »
    So??

He was a "Chelsea Fan" from the minute he noticed they were 2-0 up ("Oh is that two nil they are up now?" Neither David De Gea nor Petr Cech's name is Peter. He wasnt watching the match. Just shouting things once he realised Chelsea were winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't think any LFC fan thinks that. It was just a motivational bluster by Rodgers.

Signs of desperation if Utd fans make a big deal out of it.

Probably just answering journalists questions, he was hardly going to say we've no hope. He said himself it was Citys to lose a few weeks ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Legitimate question. And it's quite clear the answer is yes.

I guess it is but should be asking Moyes though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Mourinho wanting man u to get 4th spot, obviously still gagging for the job

"Is Mata a Man United player?"

What does that question even mean? "Oh, he's not a Man United player".

I guess it is but should be asking Moyes though.

Why

listermint wrote: »
    Why

Well he'd know more about his players than Mourinho would. Think they just wanted a sound bite more than anything but it's not a big issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

4-1. Utd utterly found out.

Oh God. I just opened this thread to see some of the reactions / predictions.

Saw this. My face when...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I think if you're a United fan, you have to acknowledge that Chelsea were nowhere near their best today but still tonked United. That's a gauge of just how much work there is to be done at OT.

I also wonder if Moyes is ever going to be the manager to go out there and grab a game by the scruff of the neck for a win. He made his name making his teams hard to beat. That's fine, but simply not losing isn't going to give United the Premiership. They need to win the highest percentage of games possible, and I don't know if that is in Moyes' footballing DNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Harpy wrote: »
    I didn't think it was a red when i first saw it at all, it was a hard tackle but nothing more in my opinion..

The ref made bad decisions throughout the game, bad bad inconsistent ref..
    Just seen it again on the news. Vidic was nowhere near the ball. His intent was clearly to take out the player. And dangerous to boot. Totally justifiable red, even if in other circumstances a yellow might have been given.

Rafael's at the end would have been harder to justify as a red (nd might have been had Vidic not seen red). There was a clear difference between both tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Just seen it again on the news. Vidic was nowhere near the ball. His intent was clearly to take out the player. And dangerous to boot. Totally justifiable red, even if in other circumstances a yellow might have been given.

Rafael's at the end would have been harder to justify as a red (nd might have been had Vidic not seen red). There was a clear difference between both tackles.

What? I see it the complete opposite. Harsh red on Vidic. Rafael's was a red everyday of the week. A cowardly tackle. A leg breaker if ever there was one and the worst kind of tackle in football.

Dowd was abysmal. He didn't even give a free for the Rafael challenge and only produced the yellow when the Chelsea players surrounded him.

I think the complete opposite i think the two footed off the floor lunge is much worst than a crunching tackle but i suppose its just one of those things that people are gonna have different views on..

What did moyes say in his interview anything of interest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement