Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 16.00 Sky.

1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I also wonder if Moyes is ever going to be the manager to go out there and grab a game by the scruff of the neck for a win. .

Well they did that today I think. Utd were by far the better team until the first goal went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Vidic was a def yellow. Very unnecessary and tbh if you go charging into tackles like that, you're only giving the red a yellow/red decision.

Rafa was nasty, pure nasty. Could really end someone's career just cause he's never grown up.

The match doesn't matter. Chelsea could well have beaten a full strength Fergie led Utd. These matches aren't important to this Utd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was not a Liverpool fan who said it

I said it

Liverpool will get at least a CL spot and are my 4th favourites for the league.

However, they're 8 points behind Arsenal and 7 behind City with a lot of football to play. Suarez is in unbelievable form and will probably win player of the year. Liverpool have the three above them all at home and the easiest run in.

Its not impossible and they have a good chance, but I won't be rushing to the bookies with the mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Another angle of the tackle

289574.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I think if you're a United fan, you have to acknowledge that Chelsea were nowhere near their best today but still tonked United.

That's the thing. Chelsea didn't even play that well today. They played the game in 2nd or 3rd gear and were quite sloppy for long spells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That's the thing. Chelsea didn't even play that well today. They played the game in 2nd or 3rd gear and were quite sloppy for long spells.

Man United used to do that to their rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

adox wrote: »
    What? I see it the complete opposite. Harsh red on Vidic. Rafael's was a red everyday of the week. A cowardly tackle. A leg breaker if ever there was one and the worst kind of tackle in football.

Dowd was abysmal. He didn't even give a free for the Rafael challenge and only produced the yellow when the Chelsea players surrounded him.
    Had Vidic not seen red, Rafael would have gone off. However the ref couldn't justify to himself a second red having dished one out already.

As Harpy says people have different views. To me Vidic is a big guy going in way too hard on a creative player. It was premeditated and vicious.

Yeah, Rafael was nasty too. But it was hot-headed right at the end. So I think he got the benefit of the doubt.

Me? I might have red-carded them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

titan18 wrote: »
    Suppose why would he be watching Liverpool - Villa as an Arsenal fan unless he had time to kill. Chelsea - United is much more significant

Well one reason for him to watch Pool/Villa would be for the football, the only reason most non utd or Chelsea fans watched the Chelsea/manu game today was to see by how much united got stuffed by and to continue witnessing the rapid decline of the utd empire.
    Was that the significance you were referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,648 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moyes got the player selection wrong today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Only today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,648 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DazMarz wrote: »
    Only today?

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Duck Soup wrote:
    I think if you're a United fan, you have to acknowledge that Chelsea were nowhere near their best today but still tonked United. That's a gauge of just how much work there is to be done at OT.

Or it's a gauge that United were missing their two most outstanding players in Rooney and Van Persie. Souness was right when asked what the difference was between United's performance at the Bridge last season and this season. The special players were missing.

Take any team's two best players out of a side and they will struggle against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Who would you swap. Kagawa and Hernandez. Hernandez is better off the bench and wellbeck has done enough lately to deserve to start as for Kagawa he must the most overhyped utd player, he is just not performing even if his appearances have been limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Vidic can't really complain about the red. He went for the player and not the ball so in the week where everyone said the Newcastle lad should have been sent off for his tackle on Nasri, Vidic was stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mou always butt kissing United. Wants the job perhaps.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Man United used to do that to their rivals

They still do in fairness. Hull City still don't know what hit them.

Rafael really deserves a ban for that tackle. It was a ****en disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Meh, to that tackle tbh, won the ball nobody injured.

Rarely happens when they miss and it results in what everyone expects or moans about

RasTa wrote: »

Rarely happens when they miss and it results in what everyone expects or moans about

Ah it was a definite red card. You can't dive in like that. It's no different from Debuchey a few weeks back.

It was gone from his game though. His discipline was under control for the last year or so and was one of the best full backs in the league. Doesn't look good for Moyes if players are losing it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Speaking as a Utd fan...
    rafaels tackle was/shoulda been a straight red.
    Complete reckless tackle and stupid. Lucky not to break a leg. Idiot

End of conversation

Dive in with 2 feet???? Come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

A yellow would have been enough for Vidic.
    A red all day long and then some for Raf.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Mou always butt kissing United. Wants the job perhaps.

Its comical at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Its comical at this stage.

What, the disillusion? yeah....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rafael is still such a hot head, he will end someone's career soon, he is an incredibly wreckless player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

niallo27 wrote: »
    Who would you swap. Kagawa and Hernandez. Hernandez is better off the bench and wellbeck has done enough lately to deserve to start as for Kagawa he must the most overhyped utd player, he is just not performing even if his appearances have been limited.

Kagawa had to start yesterday

Starting Young and Valencia gives you anemic wide play

Jones in the middle who hasnt played for an age along with the not so mobile Carrick against Ramires who if nothing else is mobile and Luiz, who again, puts himself about

If he absolutely had to start Jan then putting him in the middle of the field where it was going to be toughest, tightest area to work in and lets face it, he doesnt have the ability as of yet to really influence a game from there was nuts, could have easily left out one of Young or Val (not like you would miss them) and put Jan out wide where he had a bit of space to work with, preferably running at Ivanovic who is only back and a likely player to pick up a booking when he gets beat, he doesnt have the quickest brain as of yet, or the decisiveness, to be the number 10.

A forward line of himself Kagawa and Welbeck interchanged very well together and would again I am sure. It wasnt the absolute worst performance I have seen this season, but something very worrying at the back. There is stupid goals given up in practically every game, just terrible basic mistakes that players should not be making, Christ we made Eto'o look like Eto'o! (of 5 years ago)

No problem at all with leaving Hernandez on the bench, he should have been on earlier but thats another matter. Not like we expected anything from the game as fans so I cant see how the game would change any opinion you had of Moyes or the team from beforehand, vital to win the next three now before Arsenal and build up some confidence going into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

null_zps8961f300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

rob316 wrote: »
    Rafael is still such a hot head, he will end someone's career soon, he is an incredibly wreckless player.

Best right back in the league though.

So I'm told :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Speaking as a Utd fan...
    rafaels tackle was/shoulda been a straight red.
    Complete reckless tackle and stupid. Lucky not to break a leg. Idiot

End of conversation

Dive in with 2 feet???? Come on...

Physical game, legs can get broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liamalone wrote: »
    Best right back in the league though.

So I'm told :P

Nah Zabaleta is the best.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Nah Zabaleta is the best.

Followed closely by Sagna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rafael is still, and always really has been, in the category of "could be the best RB in the league".

he's always been too reckless to be the best IMO.

yesterday was childish and cowardly.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Rafael is still, and always really has been, in the category of "could be the best RB in the league".

he's always been too reckless to be the best IMO.

yesterday was childish and cowardly.

Yup, he has 20 min spells or goes on runs that make you think he could be the best.

Needs to display temprement and consistency though. When he matures a bit, he'll get through these nigglt injuries and it might give him the platform he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

gosplan wrote: »
    Followed closely by Sagna.

I'd have Coleman over either of them on current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Physical game, legs can get broken.

There's a difference between a brake due to an accident and a brake due to recklessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

RayCon wrote: »
    There's a difference between a brake due to an accident and a brake due to recklessness.

There's a difference between a brake and a break as well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

There's a difference between a brake and a break as well. :rolleyes:

Wow , those rollyeyes really put me in my place - go you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

As this thread is still open.....:D

2014_1_EtoHeader2.jpg

Advertisement