Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another 'accessories my dress' thread!

• 18-01-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Sorry for another one of these threads but I need help accessorising this dress for a wedding. Any thoughts?

image_zpscf0d0ec1.jpg

image_zps08a8262b.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

It is beautiful, very classy, I would keep accessories very muted, maybe some gold and pearl drop earrings, small gold clutch, hair chignon style and nude shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I'd go with gold jewellery and nude shoes. The lace is the statement so let that take centre stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Really love this!! Yeah I'd definitely keep it simple with nude shoes/clutch, colour isn't needed for a dress like that. Maybe a simple pearl bracelet, but no necklace as it would take away from the front of the dress. Also a loose bun (perhaps with plaits) would really compliment the dress and show off the detail on the back of it...something like this...http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DKJf1wxfb14/TZkTdONzXiI/AAAAAAAAABo/tapauS0CRzc/s1600/french-braided-bun-2011-9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

^^^
    that hairstyle is fab - understated but gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks a million. That's what I thought but just wanted other opinions. The dress is actually even nicer on than the pic and is really well cut so it skims your body rather than sitting on all the wrong parts. Got it on sale for €65 too so delighted with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Oswin

It's a beautiful dress, do you mind saying where you got it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Fabulous dress! Definitely keep the accessories to a minimum. Pearls will work lovely or a small amount of gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oswin wrote: »
    It's a beautiful dress, do you mind saying where you got it?

No not at all. It's mint velvet (arnotts and house if Fraser stock it). I love their pieces although they're quite grown up clothes! It was sale stock so I'm not sure if there's any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Chloe29

Gorgeous dress-reminds me of the Reiss one Kate Middleton wore when meeting the Obamas. She teamed it with a black clutch, black shoes and a black and gold neck piece.

Advertisement