Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating Agencies

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

€695....that's crazy money!!!
    You should join those Meet Up groups. You'll make new friends and hopefully a nice girl too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

iuil1999 wrote: »
    €695....that's crazy money!!!
    You should join those Meet Up groups. You'll make new friends and hopefully a nice girl too :-)

MeetUp is very good for making new friends but you have to be positive and put the effort in. Not so good for getting together with a new partner. It happens, but not as often as you might think. The good thing about MeetUp is that if you are enjoying it and making new friends after a while getting together with a new partner might not seem as important as it did when you joined first.

Join a MeetUp group because it reflects your interests, not because you think there's a good chance of getting together with somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

There are some singles groups on Meet Up too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

aNY SITES like match that are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I've only skimmed the first few/last few pages of this thread - seem like there are so many near identical experiences that I just moved ahead.

Sounds like the industry is a scam, but I just wanted to add a +1 for online dating.

I signed up a few years ago, there were a few awful eejits of course (reflective of the population at large!) but I got talking to some seemingly very genuine, nice, fun guys.

There were a few in particular who although seemed lovely, I wasnt getting the spark feeling through the messages, like one guy in particular just seemed too nice and too eager and just agreed with everything I said. My point is that although this lad wasnt for me, I don't doubt he was genuine and would make someone a lovely BF.

After about 2 weeks I ended up going on a date with a guy whos messages I'd liked the best. He wrote well and came across as intelligent and witty. Two and a half years later, we're living together. The first date was obviously a little awkward at first but soon we were chatting like old friends, and then we met again and from that night on, the awkwardness was gone and it was basically a done deal :)

If i was single all over agian, I'd way rather chance this approach if I wanted to meet people that put myself through something that has all the hallmarks of a scam.

Give online a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Aw I love hearing Success-Stories! :) Never joined a Dating Agency myself, do know of a few that have, and none were impressed, saying it was a waste of money and one felt she had nothing in common at all with the couple of guys she went on dates with.

Would always view a Dating Agency as catering to the needs of people in their 40s/50s/60s, maybe that's not the case at all, maybe that's just my observation of it. Wouldn't 100% rule it out. It would depend on finances and cost, but if I was in my forties and single I might consider it.

Saw on Don't Tell The Bride this week, the Couple getting married apparently met through Facebook?!? Anyone watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Country living

sunshine77 wrote: »
    Hi just want to give people heads up on dating agencies - not the online ones. Seemingly can't give the name!! I joined one a year ago after seeing them on tv. They interviewed me for an hour on my likes and dislikes, my personality, jobs etc. my specifics in the gentleman I would like to meet! The deal was 500 euro for 5 very professional dates! They seemingly take all the hard work out of finding Mr. Right. After the date they would contact you and if you and the gentlemen were impressed with each other then your numbers were swapped and you could pause your account for maximum time of three months. But you could unpause at any stage!! All sounds too good to be true.
    I took the plunge being 36 and after trying everything else I said why not!!
    Unfortunately my first date was horrific. The gentleman was rude, what I had been told about him was all lies. It was the longest hour of my life. I was totally humiliated and had to drive an hour & half back to Dublin after it. I felt our names had been pulled out of a hat and that's how they put us together.
    When I rang the company they gave out too me and told me that I was the problem!!
    My next date was lovely a gentlemen but unfortunately for me the company never rang me to find out how it went. I finally rang them and they informed me they hadn't realised I had been on a date 2, some excuse about computers been broken down etc etc. they promised they would contact me back immediately once they made contact with the gentleman but still nothing.
    What I'm trying to say its a big waste of money and please don't join them. They are extremely unorganised and not a bit helpful or nice. Don't believe the adds.
    Hope this is helpful to people thinking about joining. Spend your hard earned cash on something nice. Unfortunately for me I can't get anything back..

Dear madam.
    Im Anton Im sorry to hear that you're been going through tough times its the same here we gentleman's are looking hard to find a good hearted person maybe your luck will change for better I hope mine too .
    Yours sincerely
    Anton Zogaj

Advertisement