Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creams/serums to combat eye puffiness

• 18-01-2014 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi girls, was just browsing through the beauty buys thread there and came across a few products but thought it would be easier to post a thread on here to get a wider range of reviews.
    Will be honest, one area I don't look after enough is the eye area, i'm in my 20s but lately with finals and I guess lack of sleep my eyes have just been looking very bag and just worn, I know sleep will counter this a lot but I do want to purchase a good cream/serum to rejuvenate/moisturise this area on days I just feel it needs it.

Any ideas/experiences with products you found good/bad? Would really appreciate it :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I found this cream to be great for puffiness and dark circles, it made my lids really oily though.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123070921999_-1

I now use this and find it great for hydrating and moisturising my eyes and it doesn't leave them oily.

http://www.brownthomas.com/bobbi-brown/hydrating-eye-cream-15ml/invt/41x1830xe65y

It doesn't do anything for puffiness or dark circles though unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Slices of cucumber straight from the fridge on the eyelids

Used, still-damp and cooled camomile tea-bags one on each eye-lid. Some people swear by the cooled tea in an Optrex eye-bath

As usual check or allergies / sensitivity first, especially with anything near your eyes,

Worst case (in the absence of allegies) with these two, they'll do no harm and cost next to nothing, best case they'll work well for you, but they are not a substitute for sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I love Clinique All About Eyes, I always use it when I'm tired and/or hungover and it does wonders for my dark circles and puffiness! Lovely light gel-like texture.
    Edit: Just realised you linked the same product Toast4532, I don't find it at all oily, my skin absorbs it very readily but then it is very very dry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

dee_mc wrote: »
    I love Clinique All About Eyes, I always use it when I'm tired and/or hungover and it does wonders for my dark circles and puffiness! Lovely light gel-like texture.
    Edit: Just realised you linked the same product Toast4532, I don't find it at all oily, my skin absorbs it very readily but then it is very very dry!

My skin is opposite, my mum has dry skin too and finds the Clinique one great and its not oily on her at all.

I have dry-combo skin, but its just my jawline/cheeks that are dry, everywhere else is oily, so its just my skin and not the cream. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

+1 for the Clinique all about eyes, it's great. I don't find it oily either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xemzx

Thanks for the advice guys, be sure to check out the clinique one when i'm in debenhams at the weekend. Have been reading round a good view reviews online and this one has cropped up a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 copea2

I use Clinique All about Eyes as well and find it great. Also just to note Clinique do the mini all about eyes tubs sometimes in their Bonus time. These little tubs last ages and you can see if it suits you.

You can see what store has the Bonus time on the events section of the Clinique UK facebook page. You need to buy 2 clinique products - one skincare - to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

xemzx wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys, be sure to check out the clinique one when i'm in debenhams at the weekend. Have been reading round a good view reviews online and this one has cropped up a lot.

Hi xemzx, have a look at Brown Thomas too, there's a good 'Bonus Time' offer there at the moment, buy two full size products and get a small pot of All About Eyes (small but still lasts a month or two!) and Moisture Surge and a Chubby Stick and a nail varnish etc, if you're a Clinique fan the Bonus Time is usually better in Brown Thomas than in Debenhams!

Edit: Sorry copea2, somehow only saw your post now! The offer you mentioned is on now, I got a notification this morning :)

Advertisement