Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up and Down arrows

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

The up and down arrows have gone from my computer screen. This only happens on google chrome. How do I get them back?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Chrome automatically updates and the latest version they put their own style on the scrollbars for some reason, I assume that's what you're talking about.
    There's much easier ways to scroll a page, especially if you have a mousewheel, but if you must use the scrollbar (why dear god, why?), just click on the bar and drag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Chrome automatically updates and the latest version they put their own style on the scrollbars for some reason, I assume that's what you're talking about.
    There's much easier ways to scroll a page, especially if you have a mousewheel, but if you must use the scrollbar (why dear god, why?), just click on the bar and drag!

Thank you,
    I know that, I would like to know how to get the arrows back?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

gifted wrote: »
    Thank you,
    I know that, I would like to know how to get the arrows back?

I don't know if you can. Alternatively, install Mozilla Firefox. Similar to Google Chrome, just not for profit and has arrows.

I tend to avoid Chrome due to lack of privacy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

You could also roll back to the previous version and disable auto-updating... but that extensions looks like the job! :)

Last stable version is on filehippo here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/54482/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Try the Opera Browser. It is built with most of the same code as Chrome, so it should load and display your pages the same. Can't say I noticed the scrollbars changing lately so they are probably still the same as the older Chrome.

Advertisement