Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David's Study Log

• 18-01-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I Have totally been procrastinating constantly to this day. Now I'm going to study my ass off and prove many people wrong.
    Subjects:
    English HL- C2
    Maths OL- B1
    Irish OL- D3
    French HL- B1
    Japanese HL- A1
    Art HL- A1
    Economics HL- C2

I know right, I love languages (except for Irish). My Aim is to do German and Computer Science in DIT which is about 455 points. I just need to be optimistic.

I need to work pretty much work on all my subjects. Particularly Maths.

It's really hard since, I also Animate and Draw as a hobby and everytime I'm extremely motivated I ignore studies.

My friends don't seem to study much and get better grades than me so I need to improve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Revised Japanese ii and na adjectives, looked over some kanji, and try to memorise some vocabulary.

Revised French Oral Basics on Parlez moi de vous, Parlez moi de votre famille et parlez moi de votre quartier.

Gonna do some Elasticity for Economics tomorrow and Theme and issue question for English

LOL forgot to post for Sunday and Monday.

Sunday, I revised some Perfect Competition and Cost of Production.

Yesterday, I studied like a lot of French!! and some maths.

For french I'm following some articles advice into getting an A1 so I'm putting in the hard work. (Don't want to dissapoint my parents since they are french speakers)

Today I will study some more French aswell as Art and Japanese

Today I did the 2002 Q1 reading comprehension for French and the Opinion Piece for it. (I find them a bit difficult but they become easy when you use your own vocab with the one in the text)

Also revised Demand for Economics and Grammar points for Japanese.

Took a break for today. Just did homework.

I will do some EXTRA study tomorrow after School and after Japanese

Wrote out all of what I'm going to say for Oral Exam and practicing it. Hopefully It will go well.

• Advertisement

Internet F*cked up the last 5 days so couldn't update.

Today, looked over English notes on Heaney, and looked over some Lady Macbeth notes.

and looked at Japanese Grammar

LOL I didn't use this thing for Months. Anyway, My mock results were very bad, So bad I'm not gonna share them. My Highest was Art, but my lowest was Economics. So the Grades I posted above is going to be near impossible for someone like me to achieve. So there for I kind of lowered them a bit.

Maths - O - B3
    English - H - C3
    French - H - B1
    Art - H - A1
    Japanese - H - B1
    Economics - O - B3

That would be approximately 400 Points. Which is fine. I plan to do Computer Science, Mathematical Studies and French (or German) in NUI Maynooth. The Only subject holding me back is Maths, a B3 is near impossible for me to accomplish. Which is why on my timetable I have 2.5 hours of maths everyday.

Anywho, for todays Study, I'm gonna do a lot of maths and then more Japanese & French.

Btw. If there are any Japanese students around please PM me, I'm a bit worried than My class is a bit behind. So I want to know how other student in Ireland are doing.

So, In the end after all the laziness and lack of study due to constant motivation to draw and game. I got 325 points. Definitely a lot of points away from my first goal. But I am happy with my offer. Since my whole CAO was filled with computer courses. I would be happy with whatever course I get. But I wanted to do it with a language (french or chinese) But Im self teaching myself chinese atm.

Hope everyone is happy with what they got. And good luck in the future

Advertisement