Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Chipotle paste in Dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Looking to buy some chipotle paste. Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Probably not what you're looking for, but Tescos sells a Chipotle and Smoked Paprika paste. Absolutely delish.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Don't know what you are making, but are any of these any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

kelzer wrote: »
    Looking to buy some chipotle paste. Is there anywhere in Dublin that sells it?

Thanks

You can get chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in Fallon & Byrne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Have never come across chipotle paste but I pick up my Mexican stuff in these places

Saburrito - Epicurean Food Hall, Middle Abbey Street

Turkish/Mediterranean Shop (name of which I do not know) - just across the road from the Liffey St entrance to the Epicurean, beside the bag shop.

Big east Asian supermarket (name of which I can't never remember, spot a pattern here?) on the Lidl side of Moore street, up near Parnell Street. They randomly have a good, cheap selection of Mexican ingredients on the first aisle you come to when you walk into the shop, just towards the back of the shop.

Fallon & Byrne

I think Azteca on Lord Edward street also sell Mexican ingredients

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I bought chipotle paste in sainsburys newry. Was cheap too, and very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Thanks for the suggestions. This is the recipe that I was looking at.

http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-mexican-chicken-with-potatoes-325150?mode=metric&scaleto=4.0&st=null

I've seen the paste on sale in UK supermarkets but not in ROI. What should I use here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

kelzer wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. This is the recipe that I was looking at.

http://www.food.com/recipe/spicy-mexican-chicken-with-potatoes-325150?mode=metric&scaleto=4.0&st=null

I've seen the paste on sale in UK supermarkets but not in ROI. What should I use here?

The first reply has the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The first reply has the answer.

its got paprika in it too though.

Tesco have tabasco chipotle sauce, not a paste so you probably use far less.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266990826

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rubadub wrote: »
    its got paprika in it too though.

Tesco have tabasco chipotle sauce, not a paste so you probably use far less.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266990826
    I'd hazard that the Chipotle paste is closer to the original ingredient than the Tabasco. They're both regularly used ingredients in my larder and the Tabaso is... well... Tabasco with Chipotle. Unless the OP is trying to re-create a dish they've had before, it'll be a perfect substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

There's an asian shop at the jervus stop on the luas line that has an amazing selection of mexican products. They have chipotles in adobo sauce that are amazing. It's not a paste, they are whole chilies, but authentic. Just chop fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Not paste, but from Fallon and Byrne, I bought Chile chipotle powder made by Cool Chile Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TomH2012

Hi Guys

I would like to know where you can get Chipotle paste In Dublin? I have looked in Fallon and Bryne and they don't have it any help would be much appreciated.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Asian Food on Mary St have a small mexican selection. I've never specifically seen chipotle paste there but they may have.

Advertisement