Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dereelight XSearcher

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used these?

I ordered one last night with an extension tube and a second Red Led pill.

Saw reviews on the older version on candlepower forums claiming 1,000m+ beam from test? I cant imagine it will deliver half that TBH. The new LED they are using is a lot more powerful according to information online.

Anyone have experience with them?

Has anyone here seen one in action?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Where did you order from and price please.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

clivej wrote: »
    Where did you order from and price please.....

Sent you a PM Clivej, hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flashlight37

I got mine from flashlighthut.com. There is a review on the site that is crazy! He turns off a street light with it... pretty amazing. Check it out https://www.flashlighthut.com/reviews.html. Perfect for hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dachipster

Would be interested in how you get on with this myself. Have been watching candlepowerforums myself and apparently a modded one of these is the business for a powerful beam with zero flood. Is it a bit awkward with the switch being in the end?

It arrived today with extra Red LED pill, two extension tubes for different battery configurations and some spare o rings and tail button cover.

Well packaged and took 10 days from date of order to arrival and no extra charges other than what was paid at point of sale.

Just charging up some 18650 batteries now but the weather looks a bit bad for trying it out.

I ordered mine with 2MT-M pill engine which allows you to switch to extreme mode or general mode. Extreme giving the highest power output and general giving a high-medium-low selection.

Really looking forward to trying it out and also installing the Red led pill to see what its throwing out light wise :)

You can also order a pressure switch as well if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dachipster

So did you test it out? What is the beam like?

Dachipster wrote: »
    So did you test it out? What is the beam like?

Hi

The weather was brutal for the last few evening's but I am hoping to get out with it this weekend.

Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Is the light water proof.

Is the light water proof.

Yep, fully tested independently too. Candlepowerforum has pictures of guy leaving them submerged in buckets of water. I took mine apart to examine the finish and they are well sealed and come with extra o rings should they be needed. Also covered under warranty as advertised as waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Very good so the weather won't affect it when your out testing it. :D:D:D

Can't wait to here what's its like

• Advertisement

Very good so the weather won't affect it when your out testing it. :D:D:D

Can't wait to here what's its like

:D

I will be home tomorrow so might get out. Weather wasn't the full problem for a finish, I was in UK and light at home in Ireland. Home in the morning :)

Looking forward to trying the red too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

the red pill is better than the green , i much pre fare the nm800 on the gun than the xsearcher, not really a fan of the xsearcher to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

the red pill is better than the green , i much pre fare the nm800 on the gun than the xsearcher, not really a fan of the xsearcher to be honest.

And why do you prefer the nm800 to the xsearcher ? Please do tell as I and probably others would like to hear of your first hand experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Sika98k wrote: »
    And why do you prefer the nm800 to the xsearcher ? Please do tell as I and probably others would like to hear of your first hand experiences.
    It has a tighter beam ,i much prefare that ,the xsearcher is more powerful but the beam is not as crisp when you tighten it down,still a good gun lamp but the nm800 is far better and is more compact,the colored pills are not as powerful in the xsearcher but the white one that comes with it is way too strong .The land i shoot the max range of shots are about 250 yards so thats my personal opinion maybe lads that are shooting further distances would have a different opinion.

It has a tighter beam ,i much prefare that ,the xsearcher is more powerful but the beam is not as crisp when you tighten it down,still a good gun lamp but the nm800 is far better and is more compact,the colored pills are not as powerful in the xsearcher but the white one that comes with it is way too strong .The land i shoot the max range of shots are about 250 yards so thats my personal opinion maybe lads that are shooting further distances would have a different opinion.

The new led is more powerful than the NM but has more flood than throw but if you want more throw than the night master, Order it with the xp -g2 and you will have a further throw and tighter beam. Not great for glassing a field but each to their own.

Advertisement