Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

While some research has been done into the effects of PG and VG vapour, very little has been done on the flavouring side. Vaporising and inhaling was not the intended use of any of these. So there is a little mystery there.

There's some mystery in that regard alright (as far as inhalation is concerned), but we do know a considerable amount about the chemicals used (and their general safety) in artificial flavouring. We already know of a number of chemicals which aren't suitable for use in e-liquid, I'm sure more issues may well come to light as more studies are done. The video I posted above is a perfect example.

This is how artificial flavours are created.

If you really want to determine each and every chemical used in flavoring ingredients, you'd probably have to speak to the flavorist/mixologist of each e-liquid manufacturer.

You might not get all the information you want though, you'll find some flavor creations are proprietary.

Whatever bad might be revealed in the near future about certain chemicals in flavourings, I'm willing to bet it will pale in comparison to the known effects of smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

grindle wrote: »
    The closest you'll get because they're made with tobacco leaves.

Forget about finding whichever-brand, some juices may carry the name but only as a way to get you to buy the juice. The only juices that come close are those made steeping leaves.

Cigarillos Naturales and Virginia Prime are the closest but VP destroys coils, so be aware that you'll need to replace whatever you're using to atomise it fairly often if you get it.

Ive tried cigarillos myself, didnt like it at all. I would reccomend liquas traditional tobacco. Tried this today for the first time and its def going on my all day vape's list!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

eirewhite wrote: »
    Ive tried cigarillos myself, didnt like it at all. I would reccomend liquas traditional tobacco. Tried this today for the first time and its def going on my all day vape's list!!

Yeah same here.tried cigarillos myself when i started out and thought wtf is all the big fuss about it,couldn't take to it at all.Then used hangsen smooth for about 9 months and am now on liqua traditional tobacco the last 4ish months and loving it more each day.It's each to their own and everyone is different.Everybody will find their favourite liquid after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

ben36 wrote: »
    Yeah same here.tried cigarillos myself when i started out and thought wtf is all the big fuss about it,couldn't take to it at all.Then used hangsen smooth for about 9 months and am now on liqua traditional tobacco the last 4ish months and loving it more each day.It's each to their own and everyone is different.Everybody will find their favourite liquid after a while.
    Probably depends on what you smoked before you started vaping...

Personally I only ever smoked American Spirit natural hand rolling tobacco & cigars on occasion.

No other e-liquid, that I've tried, touches on the taste of real tobaccos like House Of Liquids does IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Nausea usually means you're over doing it. Take longer breaks between vapes or go to lower strength.

I share your concern about not knowing whats in them.

Anyone doing chemistry in college on here? Access to a lab?

Hi, I'm not doing chemistry and I don't have access to a lab..... In saying that! 10-11months ago when I first started to vape, I done a small but satisfactory experiment, and the results in my mind spoke for themselves.....
    Ok, I got a tissue, took a long 4-5 second vape, placed the tissue over my mouth and exhaled straight through the tissue.... What was on the tissue when I inspected it!! Zilch, Nothing, not a mark or a stain, absolutely clear.. Now compared to doing said 'experiment' with a filthy cigarette!! well you know.. Dark brown, full off filth and cancer causing chemicals!! That in my scientific mind was good enough. Hence the reason I'll never let another filthy tobacco cigarette touch my lips again. Yours Truly: Professor Ardle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

I've used ovale liquid for several years now as has my partner, & still happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

I've used ovale liquid for several years now as has my partner, & still happy.
    Can you recommend any of their tobacco juices in particular?

What size bottles does it come in?

VG/PG ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

check out ovale ireland for whats available to buy here, i've seen an international site with more info you might like to read. I mix 0mg & 9mg nic at moment - old tobacco flavour. There is a lot of more exotic flavours available that i've tried in shop but personally i'm happy with with i'm using for almost 7 years now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

ardle1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not doing chemistry and I don't have access to a lab..... In saying that! 10-11months ago when I first started to vape, I done a small but satisfactory experiment, and the results in my mind spoke for themselves.....
    Ok, I got a tissue, took a long 4-5 second vape, placed the tissue over my mouth and exhaled straight through the tissue.... What was on the tissue when I inspected it!! Zilch, Nothing, not a mark or a stain, absolutely clear.. Now compared to doing said 'experiment' with a filthy cigarette!! well you know.. Dark brown, full off filth and cancer causing chemicals!! That in my scientific mind was good enough. Hence the reason I'll never let another filthy tobacco cigarette touch my lips again. Yours Truly: Professor Ardle

Heh heh, couldn't help doing the same thing myself! !

Calor gas leaves no stain on a tissue eiither though......

Oddly, when i first started vaping whenever i spilled juice on my fingers filling up i would often feel a bit nauseous. That doesn't happen anymore now

Maybe I've become a bit resistant to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

check out ovale ireland for whats available to buy here, i've seen an international site with more info you might like to read. I mix 0mg & 9mg nic at moment - old tobacco flavour. There is a lot of more exotic flavours available that i've tried in shop but personally i'm happy with with i'm using for almost 7 years now.

7 years!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Heh heh, couldn't help doing the same thing myself! !

Calor gas leaves no stain on a tissue eiither though......

Oddly, when i first started vaping whenever i spilled juice on my fingers filling up i would often feel a bit nauseous. That doesn't happen anymore now

Maybe I've become a bit resistant to it!

Aye, play doh will choke you as quick as semtex! my glass is always half full:)

Advertisement