Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone advise me on a LC holiday

• 19-01-2014 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Me and a few of the lads are going on a leaving cert holiday, but were not really sure where to go!

If anyone had any experiences to share, that would be great :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

I'm in 3rd year college now and I've been on a summer holiday every year since LC.

Summer after LC, we went to Magaluf (we knew called it 'Shagaluf' and we were, uh, intrigued). Crazy, busy spot. Having just done the LC, that's exactly what you'll be looking for. We enjoyed it, but to be honest, I felt that once was enough to go there - every night is crazier than the last and you'd get fairly burnt out from it. If you go there, have a brilliant time but try to stay with your friends as much as possible as it can be rough enough, especially when you're drunk!

I'd definitely recommend going to BCM, just for a laugh. Again, try to remain conscious of what you're doing and where you're going because it's actually MASSIVE there. My friend got separated from us when drunk, and he ended up in an 'alternative room' where everyone was just basically having sex with each other...he said it was en experience but he also got his wallet stolen! Great memories from the place but once was enough.

The following 2 years, we went to Santa Ponsa (which is near Magaluf, but quieter) and we all enjoyed it way more than the trip to Magaluf. It was still great craic with lots of partying and stuff, but we just felt a bit more at ease and it didn't seem to be as rough! If you go to Santa Ponsa, you can get a bus to Magaluf at a good price too so that might suit you better.

Wherever you go, have a mental one but try to stay safe! The week we went there, my mother rang me to say a load of LC students had been pictured on the front page of the tabloids here for their drunken antics...thankfully we escaped that fate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

I'm in 3rd year college now and I've been on a summer holiday every year since LC.

Summer after LC, we went to Magaluf (we knew called it 'Shagaluf' and we were, uh, intrigued). Crazy, busy spot. Having just done the LC, that's exactly what you'll be looking for. We enjoyed it, but to be honest, I felt that once was enough to go there - every night is crazier than the last and you'd get fairly burnt out from it. If you go there, have a brilliant time but try to stay with your friends as much as possible as it can be rough enough, especially when you're drunk!

I'd definitely recommend going to BCM, just for a laugh. Again, try to remain conscious of what you're doing and where you're going because it's actually MASSIVE there. My friend got separated from us when drunk, and he ended up in an 'alternative room' where everyone was just basically having sex with each other...he said it was en experience but he also got his wallet stolen! Great memories from the place but once was enough.

The following 2 years, we went to Santa Ponsa (which is near Magaluf, but quieter) and we all enjoyed it way more than the trip to Magaluf. It was still great craic with lots of partying and stuff, but we just felt a bit more at ease and it didn't seem to be as rough! If you go to Santa Ponsa, you can get a bus to Magaluf at a good price too so that might suit you better.

Wherever you go, have a mental one but try to stay safe! The week we went there, my mother rang me to say a load of LC students had been pictured on the front page of the tabloids here for their drunken antics...thankfully we escaped that fate ;)

Sounds good! The whole year appears to be going santa ponsa so maybe thats the place to stay! really appreciate the reply pal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Yeah I know our plan is probably to head to Santa Ponsa for 10 days, then head to BCM for one or two nights - best of both worlds! Have a good one man and we might see ya there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Shanew14

Yeah I know our plan is probably to head to Santa Ponsa for 10 days, then head to BCM for one or two nights - best of both worlds! Have a good one man and we might see ya there! :)

Ye might! places seem to be booking fast though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Went to Santa Ponsa last year too for our 6th year holiday,great laugh alright it was completely filled with Irish people at the time and like yourself nearly all our school year! Its much smaller than Magaluf but still enough spots to keep you entertained,but I would definitely recommend heading to Magaluf for at least one night(only €10 for taxi so 2.50 each) if not more.BCM is a must,unbelievable night! Much bigger selection of bars etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement