Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Twist - Battery life?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

So after starting out on a VIP Photon Tank, sinking far too much money into them and then learning more from hanging around here and having both batteries break down within days of each other (and within a month of purchase, days before Christmas)

I ordered this http://www.vaperus.ie/starter-vaping-kits/341-the-twist-kit.html on Wednesday and had it come Friday. I chose 1000mah batteries instead.

I'm wondering how long the batteries should be lasting me. So far each battery has died around 11PM, having started using around 10AM. Is this to be expected? I expected a lot more battery life, especially at the start.

I'm still very new to vaping and was very happy to have quit smoking for a month with the VIP, so had no problem spending €60 on the Kanger, but if it ends up like the VIP with me needing to buy a couple more batteries to have spares on me it's just not going to be a worthwhile alternative. These are variable voltage batteries and I have them at their max (4.8) which may be draining them more. I definitely don't feel I've been using it heavily since it arrived, definitely a lot less than what I'd have been smoking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

1000 mah @ 4.8v lasting about 11 hours doesn't sound completely unreasonable.

If you want something that lasts a couple of days something like an eVic with a 3400 mah battery perhaps.

If you got one more 1000 mah twist you could have one charging, one on the go and one as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Both die by 11 (e.g. Each lasts 6.5 hours) or each dies 13 hours after using just that one?

The latter would be the norm. Roughly 100mAh per hour is how it goes generally.

Not sure how much you used to smoke so you might be caning it for all I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Thanks gang, good to know. Just a little careful now and want to make sure I have an e-cig built to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Thanks egang, good to know. Just a little careful now and want to make sure I have an e-cig built to last.

Those eGo ecigs aren't built to last really. Don't get my wrong a Kanger EVOD Twist is the best most reliable eGo / "pen style" battery you can get. However a good quality mechanical mod would last much longer. They are bigger heavier and generally more expensive. The Kanger Twist should last at least 6 months which at about €15 a pop isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

MY ego twist battery is falling apart on me. I've had it about 9 months now, and tonight I went to use it and the wires popped out of it. I have been using over sized heads on it though so a bit top heavy :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Always have one on charge, and one on the go. If you're constant vaping, that sounds pretty good actually. If you're turning them off a lot and only vaping occasionally throughout the day, maybe not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

My Twist battery lasts from 9am to 9pm, pretty much bang on 12 hours. I consider that pretty good, I use it a fair amount. Then just pop on the spare battery and good to go 'til bedtime. I've had my two batteries about 9 months now and they're both in perfect nick.

Advertisement