Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buddleia

• 19-01-2014 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi
    im looking to get some of these buddleia as a kinda tree if any one could point me in the right direction as too where i might get some, or if any one has any as cuttings that would be great also.
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

http://www.futureforests.net/

Many on here would recommend this nursery

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

Anywhere you see one growing, cut or break off off a few cuttings. It will grow anywhere. Hard to stop growing in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

There are loads of different varieties, which one are you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭shotie

bakerbhoy wrote: »
    http://www.futureforests.net/

Many on here would recommend this nursery

thanks for that ill have a look now
    jeffwode wrote: »
    Anywhere you see one growing, cut or break off off a few cuttings. It will grow anywhere. Hard to stop growing in fact.

ya was looking around for some but seems no one has it in there gardens around me
    There are loads of different varieties, which one are you after?

any really just too get me started was hopeing for a kinda a tree type but any would do really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't just take a piece off a wild one - and there is loads of it around - buy one with a good colour, they are not expensive and very easy to grow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 finnbob123

I would also advise not to just take a cutting off any old one as it could spread diseases very easily. I would recommend you buy a nice one from your local store. I have recently opened a plant nursery supplying garden centres with plants I don't have any buddleia but there are lots of new scented varieties which are great colour and smell. also if you looking for it for height then I would recommend you look at the label closely as a lot of the new ones stay quite small. whereas the old fashioned ones grow to about 2-2.5m high with great flowers attracting lots of wildlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Buddlia are a great plant for butterflies. The main colours are pink white and purple. I have a pink and deep purple at the mo. Going to get a white one this year. They are fairly easy to buy from any garden centre and I would recommend them to anybody

Advertisement