Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Phone

Options
  • 19-01-2014 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have a Sony Xperia Z, I bought it online on the Meteor website using my upgrade in August. Last week the phone was damaged and I've no idea how. It was in my bag all day, as it normally is when not in use, toward the end of the day I took it how to find it cracked in several places on the front screen. The cracks originate in the top left and spread out to 3 longer cracks across the screen. They don't allow the touch screen to work. I was wondering what is the warranty policy for phones bought online? Would I be able to get this fixed at all? It's expensive to replace the screen and was wondering if it would be under any guarantee? It's an upgrade, so would the warranty be upgraded too? As in extended?

Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

anomynous wrote: »
    I have a Sony Xperia Z, I bought it online on the Meteor website using my upgrade in August. Last week the phone was damaged and I've no idea how. It was in my bag all day, as it normally is when not in use, toward the end of the day I took it how to find it cracked in several places on the front screen. The cracks originate in the top left and spread out to 3 longer cracks across the screen. They don't allow the touch screen to work. I was wondering what is the warranty policy for phones bought online? Would I be able to get this fixed at all? It's expensive to replace the screen and was wondering if it would be under any guarantee? It's an upgrade, so would the warranty be upgraded too? As in extended?

Help.

No warranty, guarantee or statutory rights apply to physical damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

did you have phone insurance?
    if not you could claim as contents if you had house insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

Hi , i know this isint the right place but i cant find a new thread button, so here goes , my iphone 5 gave up , brought from 02 store it was never damgaed reparied or tampered with, apple wont repair it for free but will for 500 pounds and 02 wont answer me but are kinda telling me ''' they will kindly put it through o2 repair but i iwill have to pay hundreds of euros'' its still under waranty , i had sent it to apple for repair but they would not repair it as it has non appple parts in it .
    The phone is faulty and no one will do anything for me , is this a issue for the small claims court , if so willl i win do u think>???
    none of this is my fault . Help ??

#thanks and sorry for posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

an apple a day means you will have more to pay,
    no ideas, unless u get in touch with office of consumer affairs
    sounds like if non standard parts installed you will have voided your warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tommyspiggy

I didnt install any parts, or touch the phone , i brought it straight from the o2 shop. True saying there lad , just wish i knew it before thanks anyhow

Advertisement