Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Ego Firebird can someone help?

Options
  • 19-01-2014 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey people,

I got my Ego firebird e-cig two and a half weeks ago and was working fine up until 2 or 3 days ago but now i have problems with charging it whenever i plug it in the light on the charger stays green instead of red to show its charging, I cleaned the battery and charger and it seemed to work but now its the same will not charge has this happened to anyone and does anybody know how to fix it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Try pull the centre pin out a bit using a paper clip or something. Sounds like it's not connecting properly. Sometimes the centre pin gets pushed in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlanMcC23

Try pull the centre pin out a bit using a paper clip or something. Sounds like it's not connecting properly. Sometimes the centre pin gets pushed in a bit.

Yea i tried that alrite seemed to work for about a minute charging fine then back to the green light again....starting to think the charger is faulty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

AlanMcC23 wrote: »
    Yea i tried that alrite seemed to work for about a minute charging fine then back to the green light again....starting to think the charger is faulty :(

Try jiggling the cable where it connects to the plug, mine got loose after a few months and I had to replace the plug part. Or try it on a usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Bugger that's a pity. Get in contact with the vendors and ask them to sort you out. If they don't sort you out remember your consumer rights and there's plenty of great vendors out there who will look after you to keep your business.

As for things breakings that's why you always always need spares and spares for those spares. Never let yourself get stuck. If something breaks, no biggie cus you have at least two more chargers and three more ecigs sitting in a drawer for exactly this reason. At first spend all the money you'd normally spend on smokes on ecigs and spares until you've got a nice little arsenal at your disposal.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Bugger that's a pity. Get in contact with the vendors and ask them to sort you out. If they don't sort you out remember your consumer rights and there's plenty of great vendors out there who will look after you to keep your business.

As for things breakings that's why you always always need spares and spares for those spares. Never let yourself get stuck. If something breaks, no biggie cus you have at least two more chargers and three more ecigs sitting in a drawer for exactly this reason. At first spend all the money you'd normally spend on smokes on ecigs and spares until you've got a nice little arsenal at your disposal.

Yea your right i will be going back to the shop in the morning to stock up on spares until then i have managed to get it charged jus seems to work for 5-10 mins but its enough to keep me going for now :)

Abybody else had similar problems with there one?

• Advertisement

Never had an eGo Firebird before. Had some other eGo types before that were crap. Got the Joyetech eGo battery and thought wow this is much better. After a while a few of those ended up dying too (albeit not as fast as the other junk). Lately I've bought some Kanger eGo batteries and I find them to be more solid and reliable. That said I don't really use them much, I find mods like these, these days.
    http://www.vapegeek.co.uk/Hcigar-Nemesis-556.htm
    The batteries inside them you can take out and charge them in a charger. I find that handier to swap out the battery inside them, plus they last longer too. They're full mechanical so no electronics or wires to burn out. They're a bit more 'advanced' so it's something you can get into once you're comfortable with what you have. Saying that some people are happy enough just to stick with eGo batteries and the like the whole way through which is fair enough too, they are smaller and lighter after all.

got it sorted after was just a faulty charger got a new one and all is good now think i might have screwed the battery with the charger too tight and broke it according to the salesman in the shop :D

The ego firebird is a good machine i have been on it a month now and dont even think of fags at all its great :)

Yea sure it's never the sales mans fault ;)

Get yourself couple of spare batteries and chargers before it happens again. Apart from that, good stuff man! :) Welcome to the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

AlanMcC23 wrote: »
    Hey people,

I got my Ego firebird e-cig two and a half weeks ago and was working fine up until 2 or 3 days ago but now i have problems with charging it whenever i plug it in the light on the charger stays green instead of red to show its charging, I cleaned the battery and charger and it seemed to work but now its the same will not charge has this happened to anyone and does anybody know how to fix it??

I had a similar problem after 3 weeks, except mine was showing it was always fully charged and wouldnt fire anything for me, just kept flashing.
    You said it was a firebird? Did u buy it from healthiersmoker? They come with warrenty. If so they will just give you a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

In my experience, this is the most common reason for a battery not to fire up.

Fix Here

• Advertisement
Advertisement