Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty Beefburgers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I do mine with some lamb or pork mince or both, maybe 25%. Loads of breadcrumbs. I dont use any eggs, season heavily and fresh herbs or ur wasting ur time. And don't overcook. And shame on anyone thst suggests u dont need a bun!! Lovely with a bit of horseradish too

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks for all the tips,looking to get kind of mcdonalds floppiness and flavour if that's not heresy on this section:D
    To me gherkins are essential for a mcdonalds taste. Some do not like the texture of them, they can be liquidised up and mixed with ketchup and/or mayo. There are a few commercial sauces which try and taste like big mac sauce too, or just use a little thousand island dressing.

Many people will pick gherkins off in mcdonalds and might not even realise the lingering taste they leave behind.

I like wide thin bugers as it increases the surface area ratio so more browning. You can squish out burgers really thin on tinfoil, now you can grill, fry or BBQ them with the tinfoil side down. If you went to take them off the tinfoil they would fall apart. When cooked on one side it will have binded (no need for additional binders, just salt & pepper), now you can flip it over with the tinfoil still on it. Then carefully peel it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

rubadub wrote: »
    To me gherkins are essential for a mcdonalds taste. Some do not like the texture of them, they can be liquidised up and mixed with ketchup and/or mayo. There are a few commercial sauces which try and taste like big mac sauce too, or just use a little thousand island dressing.

Many people will pick gherkins off in mcdonalds and might not even realise the lingering taste they leave behind.

I like wide thin bugers as it increases the surface area ratio so more browning. You can squish out burgers really thin on tinfoil, now you can grill, fry or BBQ them with the tinfoil side down. If you went to take them off the tinfoil they would fall apart. When cooked on one side it will have binded (no need for additional binders, just salt & pepper), now you can flip it over with the tinfoil still on it. Then carefully peel it off.

Thanks a mill. for that. Will definitely try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did this without breadcrumbs, eggs.

Several slices of chopped onion and fine chopped garlic fried to buggery, teaspoon of English mustard with a stir fry sauce and paprika powder mixed into it. Remove fried onion/garlic and mash it into the mustard/cumin mix. Mix it into the mince and shape the burgers, paint with olive oil both sides and throw into HOT pan and cook 2/3 mins per side.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

If you saw the burgers on diners, drive ins and drive throughs last night (name might be wrong), mother of God, they sounded fab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I go with a dousing of basel olive oil, make my own mix of herbs from the garden with a tiny bit of Rosemary, lots of thyme and oregano. Obligatory salt and pepper of course.

For the sauce, I keep it simple. Mix lots of ketchup and mustard and add a dash of mayo and I pile on the pepper.

Makes for a juicy burger, provençal style!

Advertisement