Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childrens allowance

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I had my first baby in october.didnt collect cb yet,just wondering how many months can you let run before theres an issu?
    I intend to collect the three months tomorrow but panicking a little now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I had my lo in October aswell and got 3 months direct in to my account the first Tuesday of this month. Are you collecting it at a post office? I would have got mine in December but didn't send the form off quick enough!
    My sister used to collect 6 months at a time but that was back in the day when she had money lol! Now she can't wait to get it every month so she can get stuff for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Congrats on you new baby!
    I thought it was 3months but my local po (who is a cranky git) told me it's 2months

I reckon you'll be ok with 3.
    But if you want it to build up maybe set up a post office account that it pays into. Then you can let it build as much as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I intend to move over to a bank account. Po was just easiest option to get the forms back until I had an account set up for the bambino.
    Thanks for the replies :-)
    Will be beyond upset if theres ae expiry and I cant get it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Even if I month has gone back to general po then you just fill out form / write letter and you will get it in next month
    So you don't loose it for long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Lisha wrote: »
    Even if I month has gone back to general po then you just fill out form / write letter and you will get it in next month
    So you don't loose it for long :)

Ah thats great,thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I was told that you can let it run up to 3 payments after that it's sent back which is silly really. If your able hold out its better for saving to buy big items and stock up on new clothes and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was told that you can let it run up to 3 payments after that it's sent back which is silly really. If your able hold out its better for saving to buy big items and stock up on new clothes and so on.

How long after the 3rd month has gone in do they take it back does anyone know

Advertisement