Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long does approval take for Permanaent Residensy, Currently on the 457

Options
  • 19-01-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My wife and kids moved to Australia this year in Sunny Sydney.

I work in IT and am currently on a 457 Visa. My employers said after 2 years they will sponsor me for Permanent Residency.

Has anyone gone through this, do you know how long it takes once company submits all the info and hires the emmgiration agent?

I am considering applying for the 189 now, so as not to have to wait for another year. I think I have enough points for that visa.

Childcare is around 4000 if your not a resident!

Any advice much appreciated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

HillFarmer wrote: »
    Hi All,

My wife and kids moved to Australia this year in Sunny Sydney.

I work in IT and am currently on a 457 Visa. My employers said after 2 years they will sponsor me for Permanent Residency.

Why not get a skills assessment and they sponsor you for a 186 through the direct route now?
    Has anyone gone through this, do you know how long it takes once company submits all the info and hires the emmgiration agent?

Yes it took mine about 17 days, these day its about 3 months.

H
    I am considering applying for the 189 now, so as not to have to wait for another year. I think I have enough points for that visa.

You still need a skills assessment and you are at the mercy of occupation ceilings, points etc.

Also you would be forking out for it yourself, if you go for the 186 and you are lucky your employer might shout the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Cheers Mandrake,

I think I'll ping HR in the morning and see what they say.

From having a quick look at the 189 the fees just to apply are 3500 I think.

Probably add another 3000 for agents and getting doc certified?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Cheers Mandrake,

I think I'll ping HR in the morning and see what they say.

From having a quick look at the 189 the fees just to apply are 3500 I think.

Its also user pay system now.

$3520 for yourself
    $1760 for your Partner

and $880 per kid

doesnt matter whether 189 or 186 its the same cost

Medicals & Xrays for each of the family.

Skills assessment for ACS $500

Probably add another 3000 for agents and getting doc certified?

agents you are looking at $3500 but you could do the 189 yourself and save the money.

Don't worry about cost for get docs certified, take a run up to Stockland Mall in Baulkham Hills on a Saturday between 9:30 &12:30 and there is a Justice of the Peace sits over by EB games will do it for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

My ENS 186 Temporary Residence Transition (I didn't need to do a skills assessment) took 12 weeks to come through. 8 weeks for the Employer Nomination to get the thumbs up, 3 weeks after that to get asked to do my medicals and another week to do the medicals and get the 'visa granted' email. I done it myself so it might be quicker with an agent. Very straightforward to gather the info myself with a bit of googling and some help from boards. No need for an agent, although if your employer is paying for it then you may as well. I applied though WA so waiting times might be different in NSW.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

I lodged mine on Tuesday (14th Jan)

It's a 186, Temporary Residence Transition. Nomination was lodged in November, but not approved yet. Medical was done up front.

I'll post back when(if?) the visa is granted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement