Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most dislikeable person in football.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Giggs: anyman that sleeps with his brothers wife....Speaks for itself

Would have said Terry and Drogba too but after seeing Terry on that my special day thing on at Xmas changed my mind on him and same with Drogba the doc on him that aired after the Keane Vieira thing showed him in an amazing light all the work he does back home he's a bloody saint

Michael Owen: I hate his commentary between him and Quinn i don't know who's worse

Alex Ferguson: Much like Bertie aherne forsaw a storm coming and jumped ship all the while recommending someone who wasn't ready for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is Suarez that bad. Anyone see that ad he made on tv. Anyone that can take the piss out of himself like that can't be too bad. He is a bit mad in fairness but I'd say he is a likeable fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Rafa Benitez. Even his own players dislike him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Amazed to see so many name Wenger.

I have huge respect for the guy, and his achievements at Arsenal. Wenger is an extremely principled guy, who's principals if implemented on a wider scale would improve the game. He values the development of young players, an attractive, attacking passing game, and contrasting his attitude to that of Mourinho's regarding the loaning of players shows Wenger's inherent belief in a fair system.

The fact he's often awkward, elusive and biased in his post match opinions just shows he's human. Its a shame there's not more like him, with that level of knowledge, ability and as principled involved in the development and regulation of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I surprise myself with how my view on Jose Mourinho has totally flipped and changed.

When he was at Chelsea I kinda admired his stance and protection of players etc and all the fluff and flare that came with it.
    all topped off with being a winner.

Now I kinda see through it all and its really tedious and boring.
    something I think the Spanish media seen through before me.

but yet again he is still a winner.

Nothing to do with the fact that first time round City were not rivals so Mourinho was not a threat and this time round City and Chelsea are rivals and Mourinho is a threat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Ardent wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez. Even his own players dislike him!

An unusual pick.
    There are many far worse than Rafa

Ferguson was way worse
    Fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There goes the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Garzorico wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the fact that first time round City were not rivals so Mourinho was not a threat and this time round City and Chelsea are rivals and Mourinho is a threat?

He is a liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Alex Ferguson: Much like Bertie aherne forsaw a storm coming and jumped ship all the while recommending someone who wasn't ready for the job

There's a lot of reasons to dislike Alex Ferguson, but I think the above is simply wrong.

****storm ahead? Yes its a poor team,but there's more and more money becoming available to the manager as the debts are paid off

Jump ship? He retired, he's in his 70's.

I'm not going to get into a Moyes debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I can live with all the football related stuff like diving etc but it takes a special type of cnut to personally abuse other (usually more talented and successful) professionals on a public platform. Joey Barton and Leon Knight spring to mind for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Michael Owen: I hate his commentary between him and Quinn i don't know who's worse

I hate the man simply cause like many Ex Liverpool players they can't hide their hate for Arsenal. you can hear it in his voice making silly statements. Ronnie Whelan and Alan Hansen also go on that list. Robbie Savage is a dislikeable sod too.

Quinn's problem simply is he's too nice. He's annoying more then dislikeable.

Cashley Cole and Van Persie, for been money grabbing gits. Especially Cole who was Arsenal born and bred.

John Terry for screwing over his team mate, been accused of been a racist. How the man captained his country is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

royster999 wrote: »
    Sepp Blatter

I actually think Platini is worse. At least Blatter didn't want the WC in Qatar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Looper007 wrote: »
    I hate the man simply cause like many Ex Liverpool players they can't hide their hate for Arsenal. you can hear it in his voice making silly statements. Ronnie Whelan and Alan Hansen also go on that list. Robbie Savage is a dislikeable sod too.

Quinn's problem simply is he's too nice. He's annoying more then dislikeable.

Cashley Cole and Van Persie, for been money grabbing gits. Especially Cole who was Arsenal born and bred.

John Terry for screwing over his team mate, been accused of been a racist. How the man captained his country is beyond me.

John Terry is only a human been, mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Diouf is the most dislikable by a long shot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Please do not reply or quote to Chazz Michael Michaels, he cannot reply.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looper007 wrote: »

Im not too sure why ex liverpool players would have a hatred for arsenal? Apart from the second half of the 1980's they havent exactly been huge rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

niallo27 wrote: »
    He is a liverpool fan.

Ah. That's a no then. Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

Macro Materazzi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Right now, Niall Quinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lee Hughes.

Lately Steven Fletcher is right up there for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rio Ferdinand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

John terry. John terry. John terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Suarez 100%. Cheat through and through. Anyone that thinks thats acceptable is not a football fan.

Giggs, for what he did to his family. How he gets so little bad press is amazing.

Michael Owen, i feel like forcing knitting needles into my ears every time i hear him "commentate".

Tim Lovejoy, for bring bantz and associated nonsense into football with Soccer AM. (I know banter is a part of football, i don't mean banter, i mean bantz)

Brendan Rodgers, not so much for his management style etc, but for his faux football intellect talk, players being fractions etc.

Alan Smith, his voice does my head in.

Joey Barton, sometimes makes a valid point, takes away from it by overdoing it.

Ronaldo. Preening, whinging, moany prima-donna. He has the talent, no need for the whinging and moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dfx- wrote: »
    Two very important links for this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73160775&postcount=2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73160783&postcount=3

I encourage everyone to check whether their post fits in with anything mentioned in those posts. Some already have suffered. This is the last chance for the thread or it will get locked.

You either delete the thread or allow the posts. I mean, how do you think this thread is going to go?

Suarez 100%. Cheat through and through. Anyone that thinks thats acceptable is not a football fan.

Such a stupid statement, I am a football fan, of course cheating is acceptable.

soc_g_suarez_sy_300.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

monkey9 wrote: »
    You either delete the thread or allow the posts. I mean, how do you think this thread is going to go?

It is not for further discussion on-thread. It is possible to criticise without breaching the charter, as many have shown.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Such a stupid statement, I am a football fan, of course cheating is acceptable.

soc_g_suarez_sy_300.jpg

I'd like to think every player would do that for their team

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

Tim Lovejoy, for bring bantz and associated nonsense into football with Soccer AM. (I know banter is a part of football, i don't mean banter, i mean bantz)

A 'diehard' Watford fan until he jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon - leaving that aside Lovejoy is a complete and utter pr..k

Used to dislike Sven until I read what Didi Hamann wrote about him - lying by a pool in Thailand in the morning drinking champagne and toasting "life."

The worst has to be Blatter. Brings the game into disrepute every time he opens his gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Tony Cascarino

Edit: Mourinho too, but he seems to have toned it down a lot since arriving back in England. We'll see how long that lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jose when he went became really dislikeable for me and now that the media sucks up to him now that hes back

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd like to think every player would do that for their team

Likewise, I'd think less of a player if he didn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Has to be Alex Ferguson, seriously.

I mean he has achieved everything and some more but the way he comes across is just awful. Maybe when you're that good you're entitled to such arrogance. Never liked him, never liked the look of him.

Luis Suarez I always liked. Love when someone doesn't give a f*ck. Now the biting thing was a bit mad but really I think he's fantastic.

Now I know what you think but I'm not a Liverpool fan at all (at all). I just take people the way they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

sky88 wrote: »
    Jose when he went became really dislikeable for me and now that the media sucks up to him now that hes back

I thought the eye gouge thing was about the worst I've ever seen on a football pitch.

Though the hate is obviously strong between the special one and Barca.

Was it Milan that Barca turned the sprinklers on when they lost? Real lack of grace there.

Forgot about Ballack too. Heard lots of stuff at Chelsea that made me question his character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Alex ferguson all day long. A snarling rottweiler of a man, ruled with an iron fist. Intimidated and bullied anyone who crossed his path. Wouldn't talk to the media when he lost. Glad hes gone.

special mention for roy keane, alan pardew, mark lawrenson, stan collymore.

luis suarez? No way seems like a decent guy just a bit mad on the pitch. If half the players in the league played with his desire and effort it would be a far better league.

Probably the Brazilian lad who murdered his girlfriend and chopped her up.

Well him or that that good player off that team I don't like who dived because he really wanted to win a football match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

rob316 wrote: »
    Alex ferguson all day long. A snarling rottweiler of a man, ruled with an iron fist. Intimidated and bullied anyone who crossed his path. Wouldn't talk to the media when he lost. Glad hes gone.

special mention for roy keane, alan pardew, mark lawrenson, stan collymore.
    Greatest club manager of all time! - I think he had to be like that to achieve what he did... he was Manchester United - teams didn't only have to beat 11 lads in red jersey's but a 11 lads and a giant of a man on the sideline.

His success will never be seen again at one single club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gosplan wrote: »

Forgot about Ballack too. Heard lots of stuff at Chelsea that made me question his character.

Such as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

monkey9 wrote: »
    Probably the Brazilian lad who murdered his girlfriend and chopped her up.

Well him or that that good player off that team I don't like who dived because he really wanted to win a football match.

People are going to say Suarez, get over it :rolleyes:

People are going to say Suarez, get over it :rolleyes:

Oh so you get thread title as well? Good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sepp Blatter for his preference for brown envelopes.

Howard Webb for being an overrated referee.

John Delaney for being John Delaney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Can't believe I forgot about Phil Brown.

I'd go with John Delaney alright. He's not interested in Irish football unless the Sky cameras are on him and he's robbing a wage. On more money than Barack Obama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Suarez hands down

Racist, bitey, diving, general cheating.. anything I missed?

Horrible man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Suarez hands down

Horrible man

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

In football at the moment? I don't see how anyone could go against Pardew.

• Advertisement

Don't get the Wenger hate, every manager defends players and has bias

Pardew I don't like

Suarez hands down

Horrible man

Any chance a mod could explain how this isn't player abuse?

Genuine question, don't wanna drag the thread off topic so if they wanna do it by PM that's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

What did Alan Pardew do to anyone?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any chance a mod could explain how this isn't player abuse?

Genuine question, don't wanna drag the thread off topic so if they wanna do it by PM that's fine.

Was he not found guilty of racially abusing a fellow player by the FA?

And Suarez and that word have been used in the same post almost a thousand times on boards.ie I see from a quick search so I find it funny you take issue with my post :)

If it is against the rules I'll edit it out but I don't see how.

Anyway back on topic, Niall Quinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I would like to nominate football fans as a whole. The most hateful sports fans on the planet. They live the HATE. You just have to look at this thread and how many posts it has recieved in such a short space of time to see people jizz themselves at the thought of expressing HATE.

Them and Sepp Blatter. Horrible man. I hope he lives to see the disintigration of FIFA and international football. Bringing the World Cup to ****holes is not going to be his legacy despite what he has made himself believe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement