Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday drive

Options
  • 19-01-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭

Where do you go for a relaxing Sunday drive in Dublin?

Just got my full licence so now I'm looking for places to go for a spin with the missus. Preferably avoiding the city and spending too long on the M50.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Start Rathfarnham Head up the killakee road accross the feather beds, pass kipure take a left at the cross and head into round wood. Cup of coffee for driver and pint or two for passangers then out to laragh head for glendalough take the Wicklow gap into Hollywood then n81 back through blessington and back to the rat race.

One of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I know you said you want to avoid the M50, but you should get the practice really, and Sundays are good for that.

Also, Howth is lovely for a spin, get out either at the harbour and go for a walk out the pier, or go up around the summit, the view down into the Bay is amazing.

Failing that, Gelndalough, Powerscourt are both close-ish to Tallaght

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Snow up on the featherbeds today. Stay clear of the mountains, especially novices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Snow up on the featherbeds today. Stay clear of the mountains, especially novices.

Whoops. Still fun tho :-)

Advertisement