Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football's nicest guy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Our Year wrote: »
    Phil Babb

Starsky or Hutch?

Dicanio is a clear winner.

ibmIXgRFTHcMTg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    IF its true (could be myth) that both Alan Smith and Gary Lineker were never booked in their careers then surely this would put them right up there as " Football's nicest guys " Well at least on the pitch ..

Smith picked up his one and only career booking for a nothing foul in the 1993 FA Cup Final Replay v Sheffield Wednesday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Neymar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Neymar is a diving cheat. Most certainly is not a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We heard you the first time and you were wrong then. He's an absolute cheat in the game and it's made worse by the fact he's so talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Met the Ireland team the night we drew in Holland for the 2002 WC qualifiers. I was after flying home from a holiday with my family waiting for our bags when all of a sudden the team walks past and waits at the next conveyor belt. Can't remember everybody that I managed to get to but the first was Roy Keane and he was very nice to myself and my mother. Had no problem signing autographs etc for everybody there.

I also met Paul McGrath in Dublin airport on the way to a United game. Seems like a nice guy. Had a bit of a chat with him about the match and got his autograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Are we talking off the pitch, on the pitch, or a combination of both?

For example, it's hard to find a classier guy than Didier Drogba off the pitch, but he is an absolutely shameless cheat on it. CR7 also does a shed-load of good work but is not a pleasant character on the pitch.

As an all-round good guy, I'd nominate Gianfranco Zola. He had the very occasional moment of bad temper, but was otherwise sporting and dignified on and off the pitch throughout his career. His career in management has also borne out the picture of a guy that's almost too nice for football. Honourable mention for Roberto di Matteo too.

In terms of person you'd like to go for a pint with, I'd nominate Gus Poyet. It would probably end in all kinds of crazyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

It has to be john Barnes the chap is a pure out and out gent . I met him when he was playing his last season at Liverpool . He signed 20 programmes , got in a load of pics and gave my younger sister a kit Kat . You couldn't have met a nicer and more humble man .

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

How about Raúl? Never sent off in a 20-year professional career, was extremely well-thought of at Schalke (2010-12) and took both his Real Madrid exits and his Spain squad exclusions like a gent. I know a lot of people accuse him of being a behind-the-scenes maneovrer, but there has never been anything in public ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Paul McShane. Always helping out opposing players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

zola.

Advertisement