Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social life at GMIT

• 19-01-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what life is like at GMIT Is the college nice? Is the nightlife enjoyable? How are the facilities? I'm thinking of doing medical science, any insight would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No complaints. Nice people regardless of age. Very easy to get to know people and the staff at GMIT are grand.

As for the facilities there's all the usual stuff. Library, gym, canteen, games room, café. Wouldn't really recommend the gym in GMIT but they did some deal with a local gym nearby recently where you can use it if you're signed up for the GMIT gym. Don't go there myself so not 100% sure.

Nightlife is great. Best part IMO. Very close to two cinemas if you aren't into drinking, bowling etc. So close to the city. Great pubs and a few nightclubs around Galway city centre. It's a perfect city for a student.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lila1

hi my daughter is hoping to go to collage when she gets her leaving results she hopes to go to either trinity dublin or galway as she wants to study science. could someone tell me what the accomadation is like on campus ie single rooms shared rooms ect and also when she applies for acc someone said that to make sure that she is put in with first years because they will all be in the same boat also she would be a bad mixer so someone (again) said it would be better to have her share a room with someone at least then she would have to make conversation ps after a few weeks of getting to know someone she is grand
    any advice would be great thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

lila1 wrote: »
    hi my daughter is hoping to go to collage when she gets her leaving results she hopes to go to either trinity dublin or galway as she wants to study science. could someone tell me what the accomadation is like on campus ie single rooms shared rooms ect and also when she applies for acc someone said that to make sure that she is put in with first years because they will all be in the same boat also she would be a bad mixer so someone (again) said it would be better to have her share a room with someone at least then she would have to make conversation ps after a few weeks of getting to know someone she is grand
    any advice would be great thanks alot

look here for the student villages:
    http://gmitsu.ie/tutorials/accommodation-galway.html
    Apply early, they fill up fast. Not many people that I know of share bedrooms, vast majority are single rooms, unless being shared by a couple. Honestly, houses with just 1st years are usually crazy, she's be better off in a house with a few older students.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭lila1

hi she is thinking of going to Nui would this acc suit

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

lila1 wrote: »
    hi she is thinking of going to Nui would this acc suit

thanks

Might make more sense to use the NUIG forum then!!!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yep post over in the NUIG forum as they have a new thread for the 14/15 incoming students and best of luck to her.

Advertisement