Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

batch file for hidden folders

• 19-01-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭

I am trying to rename a couple of folders with a batch file and I have no problems once it is not a hidden file, using the ren command.

But when I try rename a mods folder in the .minecraft folder, it will not work. It does not appear to like the .minecraft location or name. I need to do this to allow the young lad switch easily between forge versions of minecraft as the mods are particular to the version.

I have the mods folder and a mods_162 etc. I try rename mods to mods_164 and the other one back to mods so he can run version 162 of forge without crashing etc. and then a second bat file to reverse the above.

Is there a workaround I can use to deal with the .minecraft folder name and hidden folder renaming. Folder is stored in appdata under users.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Try this
    attrib filename.xxx -r -h -s

ren filename.xxx filename.yyy

attrib filename.yyy +r +h +s

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Damien360

thanks, I will try it tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm not seeing any Net&Comms aspect to this, so moved to Windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Damien360

That did not work. I am trying to rename folders rather than the files contained within themselves.

Located in this address. Note the use of "." in front of minecraft and folder name is mods.

C:\Users\D\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Damien360 wrote: »
    That did not work. I am trying to rename folders rather than the files contained within themselves.

Located in this address. Note the use of "." in front of minecraft and folder name is mods.

C:\Users\D\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods

Get total commander. Norton used to do a product ( disk tree I think showing my age) that did such a thing circa 1995.

Edit : it was xtree and it was part of norton disk doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget you can't rename a folder if any files are open

Advertisement