Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage - move to lower ltv ratio

Options
  • 19-01-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Have a mortgage for many years at variable rate (ltv>80%). Hence the variable rate is fairly high.

The same or different banks have much lower variable rates for (ltv<50%).

So given I have the mortgage for a long enough time, the current loan balance would now be way less than value of house (ie in the <50% ltv).

Question is - is there anyway I could avail of the lower variable rate?. Ie get the variable rate associated with a ltv < 50%.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Have a mortgage for many years at variable rate (ltv>80%). Hence the variable rate is fairly high.

The same or different banks have much lower variable rates for (ltv<50%).

So given I have the mortgage for a long enough time, the current loan balance would now be way less than value of house (ie in the <50% ltv).

Question is - is there anyway I could avail of the lower variable rate?. Ie get the variable rate associated with a ltv < 50%.

Thanks.

Look here:
    boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93204351#post93204351

Advertisement