Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business visa internship difficulties

Options
  • 19-01-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I recently secured an internship in a Hotel in Shanghai, China as part of my work placement for college (DKIT). I went up to the embassy last week to apply for my visa and i was denied the business visa even though i had all the correct documentation with me, Passport, invitation letter, application form and a picture. The woman at the desk said that the reason i was denied access was because of new regulations which have been put into place which means students can no longer work as interns in China as we don't pay taxes. The woman at the desk told me i had two options. Option 1 apply for a work permit which you also need 2 years experience for, which i don't have! Option two contact a Chinese college and get them to write a letter for me to say that i am entering the country as a student for intern work purposes. I would never have to attend this college my plans stay the same i will be going to China to live and work in the Hotel in Shanghai.

Could anyone please help me as i don't know how to go about this, any help at all would be greatly appreciated as i am really looking forward to living and working in China!

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement