Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-wicking the Kanger/Davide heads with cotton

Options
  • 19-01-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm vaping about 8 months now using Kanger Protank 2 mini's and Davide full size tankas. Recently I also bought a clone Kayfun atomiser from Fasttech to try out building my own coil for the first time, to say the results were spectacular would be an understatement. The microcoil/cotton wick combo just blows all the premade Kanger/Davide heads out of the water.

So there I was vaping my Davide tank and the flavour drops off as happens after about 2 weeks or so. Normally its bin time and a new head, but for the craic I dismantled the head, washed the coil in hot water and very carefully threaded some tightly rolled cotton bud (Tesco's 100%, not even organic!) through the coil. It wasn't pretty and the coil sort of got pulled about but the results were amazing. Much better vapour and flavour, even throat hit was improved. I didn't think to take any pics of the procedure but anyone who has a Protank or the Davide will know these heads. It's an easy enough thing to do and it could save you a bundle if you're forever replacing these heads. I have seen people on youtube actually re-coiling these heads too, but feck that, too fiddly.
    For now I'm happy to re-wick the head if the coil is still ok instead.
    Hope this helps anyone out there vaping on a budget!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I do the full rebuild using cotton pads, it is great. The amount of vapour it produces is amazing,

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

I started off recoiling but now I just don't bother - the original coils tend to last a while. I simply remove the old cotton wool with a tweezers and dry burn the coil on and off for a few seconds a time to burn off the the gunk (dry burning for too long can damage /melt the rubber grommet). When its cooled down, I simply thread in a new piece of cotton wool (previously boiled and dried) cut it to size and place a tiny piece above the coil for some extra soakage. It takes a try or two to get it right but it will come with practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I must be too ham fisted. Every time I try that I just end up breaking the coil.

I do about six at a time and get my own one man production line going. With the nail I use for making the coil I seem to consistently get 2.1ohms, which I'm happy with.

Advertisement