Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUESTION ABOUT MASTER'S THESIS

• 19-01-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Just wondering does one's MA thesis topic have to be original...? I'm a music master's student, and I just want to write my thesis on this particular work by a composer, but there's no real wholly original slant on it, I'm just discussing the text, the music, the origins of the work, background of the composer, and the reception history of the work... I love the work, and I simply want to write my thesis on it celebrating the genius of the composer, and the skill of the piece itself because it's important. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Check your course handbook and talk to your supervisor - I think requirements vary from course to course and subject to subject. My undergraduate thesis was expected to be original.

Advertisement