Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym query - David Lloyd

• 19-01-2014 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

anyone with an idea of membership prices? It's the only gym I can find that does Les Mills classes and has squash courts/ pool.

Any reviews?

Is there parking (it's not the closest gym!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Westwood also do Les Mills. The one in Leopardstown has squash courts and a pool, I think Clontarf is the same. Sandymount has a pool but no squash.

I found David Lloyd to be ridiculously expensive and while Westwood is not cheap either, it's better value than DL in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I can't remember exact prices but they're crazy expensive. I had to take a 3 month membership because I was working a contract with super long hours next door so wouldnt have been able to go anywhere else. I told them when I joined I only wanted three months membership and this was no problem apparently. A couple of months after the three months had passed (and i had moved away) they sent me a letter saying they were taking legal action for money I owed them. I phoned up and asked girl who had signed me up what was going on, she very sheepishly told me that it was in terms of my contrac that you needed to cancel membership by writing a month in advance or they would continue to charge you. I argued that I had only ever asked for a three month membership but she insisted it made no difference, it was 'in the terms'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Hmmm I have heard terrible things about their customer service! There is one where I have been living in uk that I envy but it's £80 a month, was hoping the Dublin one would be better! West woods looks pretty nice though - anyone got an idea of annual price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Hmmm I have heard terrible things about their customer service! There is one where I have been living in uk that I envy but it's £80 a month, was hoping the Dublin one would be better! West woods looks pretty nice though - anyone got an idea of annual price?

The good
    Good gym. All the equipment you could use. Plenty of classes.
    The cost
    130ish a month. But that's for tennis too. I think gym only is around €100.
    Personal Training is €80ish
    The bad
    Just a bad atmosphere I can't explain.
    High turn over of staff.
    Rude management

There is Parking. Lots of it but it always seems pretty full. There were loads of break ins, in the year I was a member. One friend got done twice in a week.

Gym membership is 75e a month. Think there is a cheaper student/off-peak rate of 55e.

Not sure which Westwood club is being referred to in the previous post. I'm in Leopardstown and I'm not aware of any issues with security. I'm sure they'll give you a day pass to try it out before you join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

zzxx wrote: »
    Gym membership is 75e a month. Think there is a cheaper student/off-peak rate of 55e.

Not sure which Westwood club is being referred to in the previous post. I'm in Leopardstown and I'm not aware of any issues with security. I'm sure they'll give you a day pass to try it out before you join.

That post is about David Lloyd. That's the gym that the OP was inquiring about.
    Nothing to do with Westwood.

shutup wrote: »
    That post is about David Lloyd. That's the gym that the OP was inquiring about.
    Nothing to do with Westwood.

She asked for the Westwood price. I gave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 dublinlush

I'm also thinking of joining DL Riverview. It's expensive but has some advantages. And in truth I only really want to use the pools there as I would swim every day or every other day so it's worth it.

They quoted 109e per month for a pool package which includes the gym and classes plus a PT monthly. It's 92e for off-peak. You have to read the small print though and be careful about canceling your membership at the right time. It's a rolling membership which means you need to cancel one month in advance before the 12th month rolls up. If you miss this date, you need to give them 3 months notice. If you only take a 3-month membership, you have to give them 1 months notice to cancel. I hope this makes sense?

Its a little more expensive than Westwood but it's never really packed at peak times and they have a heated outdoor pool which is ideal for me as I can swim outdoors in the winter months and not die of frostbite or from some weird Dublin Bay disease... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Awful name for a gym, sounds like a hairdressers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

dublinlush wrote: »
    I'm also thinking of joining DL Riverview. It's expensive but has some advantages. And in truth I only really want to use the pools there as I would swim every day or every other day so it's worth it.

If it's just swimming you are after you could consider UCD gym / pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 dublinlush

Thanks for the tip griffin100! Will check it out... The outdoor pool at Riverview is the big draw for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

This was the most recent David Lloyd thread I could find. Was thinking of joining and just wondering if anyone had and up to date price, and any feedback on whether things have improved/declined since 2014? I understand they recently revamped the gym area.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Advertisement