Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much Tahini to chick peas do you use

Options
  • 19-01-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

I use 1/3 a cup to one can of chick peas.

What do you use and what is the full recipe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I am very fond of this recipe. It uses 2:1 Chickpeas/Tahini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

baking soda .... why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

For soaking the chickpeas. It is supposed to soften them and help with potential wind problems...

AH right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Wow that's a lot of tahini , and a lot of washing/rinsing , although the cooking water from mine does look a bit manky, and it sets solid if you leave it sit in the pot ... (probably wrecking the drains here) ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

I just made hummas

1 can of peas to 1/3 tahini
    1 lemon juice, 1 garlic clove olive oil and this time i mixed in the water from the chick pea tin, give a more chick pea taste

Forgot salt but no biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I usually just add a couple of tablespoons to one tin of chickpeas myself. Personally I prefer my hummus to be more chickpea'y than tahini'y. Plus I don't make it that often, and tahini sets like quick set cement in the jar if you leave it too long, so I'd be pushed to get much more than that out anyway :D

Advertisement