Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pot bound bamboo?

• 19-01-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i just inherited a large pot of bamboo, and it seem that it might be pot bound(guessing).. i can see lots of fine roots on the surface of the soil and also the leaves a little paler than i would think they should be. is it pot bound? if so, what do i do??

also, i don't know if it is the clumping type or the running type. i guess it is the clumping type, but is there a way to identify the two?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had a bamboo do absolutely nothing for years, then I planted it in the garden and ...tadaaaa healthy enthusiastic plant!. When you replant it it will probably look as though it has died, don't panic, it will come back. I would imagine if you can see any shoots of bamboo coming up away from the main bunch it is probably a running type, though you may not know that till it has been planted out!

Advertisement