Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will a Korean TV work in Ireland?

• 19-01-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can advise me. I've seen a LG tv on ebay that I'm considering buying. It's really just a basic 32" tv but has really cool (I think!) retro styling. Yes, it's grossly overpriced and unnecessary but I love it!

The issue is I don't know anything about TV's and want to make sure it would work in Ireland. I emailed the seller in Korea. They replied saying it'll work but then again they would say that! LG says they've no plans to retail this outside Korea so it's not like I can just wait for it to come here. I have the basic UPC package and would've thought as there's a hdmi connection on the tv it should work here?

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look at the specs etc in the ad below and shed some light on this for me :)

Thanks a million

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LG-Classic-TV-Full-HD-Retro-Design-32LN630R-32-IPS-Panel-Stand-Type-HDMI-MHL-/251344085864?pt=Televisions&hash=item3a85466368

Comments

Hi,

Just wondering if someone can advise me. I've seen a LG tv on ebay that I'm considering buying. It's really just a basic 32" tv but has really cool (I think!) retro styling. Yes, it's grossly overpriced and unnecessary but I love it!

The issue is I don't know anything about TV's and want to make sure it would work in Ireland. I emailed the seller in Korea. They replied saying it'll work but then again they would say that! LG says they've no plans to retail this outside Korea so it's not like I can just wait for it to come here. I have the basic UPC package and would've thought as there's a hdmi connection on the tv it should work here?

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look at the specs etc in the ad below and shed some light on this for me :)

Thanks a million

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/LG-Classic-TV-Full-HD-Retro-Design-32LN630R-32-IPS-Panel-Stand-Type-HDMI-MHL-/251344085864?pt=Televisions&hash=item3a85466368

Yeah once you have your hdmi it will work ,obviously you cant use saorview because the tuner wont work, once you are using upc or sky it will be fine.

On the electricity front it should be a case of changing the plug but im not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Thanks Goose! That's what I was hoping to hear! I assume I could just stick and Irish plug on it or use an adaptor. The house is full of Korean electronics already- on account of my other half being Korean! She keeps finding these cool things to tempt me with from home! Probably just be cheaper to move to Korea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Thanks Goose! That's what I was hoping to hear! I assume I could just stick and Irish plug on it or use an adaptor. The house is full of Korean electronics already- on account of my other half being Korean! She keeps finding these cool things to tempt me with from home! Probably just be cheaper to move to Korea!

Everyone's house is full of Chinese, Japanese and Korean electronics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭whizbang

There may be an issue with this.

Korea is unusual in that they use 220V at 60Hz. I think its the only country in the world to do this.

However, the TV frame (Refresh) rate is 120Hz, which is always related to mains frequency. So in Ireland, its 50/100Hz. Most other electronic device cannot see the difference, but in TV's its intrinsic to its operation.

But of course it may work perfectly...

Advertisement