Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Beast of Ballyhoura - Ireland's longest AR

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

oiii AKW, MCOS, get out of my back garden

they're pretty much in it.

this was taken last night, they look like sleep depraved lunatics already..:)

10526101_757953710913268_5439433774605154612_n.jpg

actually, solobally, look out your back window, they are probably climbing your back wall

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They look like they belong in a monty python sketch. That's Eric Idle there at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Very early days but they're in a decent position, currently 7th.

Edit, 1st place momentarily anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Which one is AKW?? (my gut tells me next to shotgun....??)

Go Team #26!!!! Lucky #26!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Which one is AKW?? (my gut tells me next to shotgun....??)

Go Team #26!!!! Lucky #26!!!

No, that's a girl. AKW is on the right.

• Advertisement

^^^ BTH....speaking purely from a girl's point of view, you might want to edit that a little otherwise you could find a pink boot up your skinny bum at approximately 18:00 tomorrow. ;)

^^^ BTH....speaking purely from a girl's point of view, you might want to edit that a little otherwise you could find a pink boot up your skinny bum at approximately 18:00 tomorrow. ;)

Sean got pink boots? :confused:

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the guys are a bit back of the rest of the teams, hoping nothing is wrong and that they are still enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

mossym wrote: »
    actually, solobally, look out your back window, they are probably climbing your back wall

- I was up the walls yesterday but got a minute early on to check on the guys using the tracker. Bimbo moment - I said to my husband "there is something wrong with this tracker thing, it's showing up my location, not theirs" Took me a few minutes to realise that they were just down the road from me. Pity I didn't have time of I would have gone down to the lake to scream at them

Ok I just looked at the photos and I'm gobsmacked! I can't believe they had to cycle up to millennium hill! I find it hard to walk up there! Major kudos to everyone who did this. Mind blown!

• Advertisement

I said I'd do that?. eh.....

Anyone know how it all worked out for them?

Oryx wrote: »
    Anyone know how it all worked out for them?

AKW on the Twitter machine

" we're back, we're alive, I can see my legs but not sure how to make them work. Amazing experience. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Hi guys. Thanks for all the support. What a fantastic experience! We had so much fun. A few issues meant we had to short course but what we did do was epic and I will definitely be back for more.

Huge thanks to the organisers and all the wonderful friendly volunteers. It's so well organised it's no wonder the race gets bigger every year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Thanks for the all the tweets, PMs and texts of support. EPIC race again that sorted out the real AR teams from the messers. We finished unranked as we were short coursed but we crossed the finish line to the sound of trumpet and a cold beer, exhausted but happy. Great race by the Beast of Ballyhoura crew again. Learned more about AR this weekend that I would about tri, in a season. And in AR terms, I still know nothing!!

Its not a race for the feint hearted or the unfit, scared to jump types.

Do it, if only once - you won't regret it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I think for the first time ever I am stuck for words.

This is THE most life affirming thing I have ever done. A huge thank you to you guys for all the support along the journey, to my teammates for making it happen, my family & wife for letting it happen & MCOS for dreaming up Team TriHarder.

I've a feeling there'll be a tri bike for sale / part exchange for kayak thread soon. Where I'm going next, I won't need a tri bike. :)

We'll done guys and gal! Great stuff! Something I would like to do with lots and lots of training

Wow. Gosh. You've even got me thinking I may need to see what all the fuss is about!

Wow. Gosh. You've even got me thinking I may need to see what all the fuss is about!

All that fuss for a free beer!https://m.facebook.com/SleepMonsters/photos/pb.230423053666339.-2207520000.1407182741./758686514173321/?type=1&source=54&refid=17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Super work guys! Looks like a fantastic event.

Now get working on those race reports!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats folks. Cracking stuff!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »
    I've a feeling there'll be a tri bike for sale / part exchange for kayak thread soon. Where I'm going next, I won't need a tri bike. :)

It's not like it gets much use anyway! :rolleyes: :pac:

Race report here

It's a bit long and I think I've forgotten lots that happened but you'll get the general idea anyway!

Race report here

It's a bit long and I think I've forgotten lots that happened but you'll get the general idea anyway!
    A wonderful read, would put a longing on you.

And my thoughts to you at a hard time at the moment, fair play, you epitomise toughness.

My god you're tough career move. Great report, you make it sound great fun. Those woosy boys falling asleep all the time :-)

Sorry for your terrible loss.

Great report Kate, you were a trojan warrior on Team triharder. I'm so glad you enjoyed it :) See you soon

Folks if you want to read a bit more about it, I've thrown a few words up in my log too.

Well done to all four of you. And career move, your mom is smiling down on you beaming with pride. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

Congrats to Team Tri-harder.

It's clear from your posts here and from the race reports that you all "get it"! Hopefully you'll all be regular AR racers in Ireland now, and maybe even look at tackling a race abroad some time in the future.

For my own part, I raced with team Get No Sleep, and I can safely say that we're all exstatic with our race and result. I managed to start the race by making my biggest nav boo-boo in years, but there was no panic and the team managed to work our way back into contention and all the way to second place in the end. It was great racing throughout, with 5 or 6 teams battling it out for the podium spots (from what we could tell at the time).

Big thanks to Ivan and all the volunteers for putting in a massive amount of effort to make the race happen.

Thanks Enduro. It was lovely to meet you and congrats to you and your team. That was a savage performance in such a competitive field

• Advertisement

Well done Enduro and to team Get no Sleep! Cracking race. I reviewed your tracker and saw the M2 CP madness 😀 Ye did well to catch up and compete so well. Any chance you could send me on your top 10 Nav tips 😀

Advertisement