Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road trip must haves?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Yeah Trebob, I was in town earlier today looking for one and I saw the MSR fuel can its a liter and it costs around €20, it seems to be used quite a bit by guys touring. looks like this:
    msr-fuel-bottle-2009.jpg

A siphon pump and hoses are better to carry. At least that way you can take a few litres off someone else. Cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

rat_race wrote: »
    Summer 2013?
    Yep, €50 side of the road job...wasn't going to argue, the Marseilles Gendarmerie are notoriously corrupt...

Knew I was being rimmed but didn't want further scrutiny as I was, shall we say, in possession of certain smoking substances & didn't want my bike impounded...

Pay up & grin & bear it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Those French seem a bit crazy about it alright, I noticed in Halfords they are selling those breath alcohol testers, not too expensive i think, its just crazy hassle to go to for fear of being fined. Those damn helmet stickers seem to be a big deal too but they're pretty difficult to find.

there gone now, cause this law was made up that you need Xcm2 of reflective material on you person while driving. so people started challenging it with already use of reflective jackets, vest, reflective seams on boots pants etc
    & the whole thing imploded.

5-6 foot of tubing is good for fuel alright, smal light tubing like 4mm air lines, you dont need 20m of garden hose, have a full tank when arriving in france, its a headacke getting gas there at the best of times, most places are closed in evening and night time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Apart from what every one else is saying,get a pair of two or SealSkinz socks, handy at this time of the year. I have a Jetboil Flash stove for making coffee and quick snacks on the side of the road, handy when I went to Aragon last year

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement