Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 and USB key

Options
  • 19-01-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭

With the ps4 not playing videos from usb drives, does anyone have any workaround that works to enable this. I used my ps3 as much for gaming as watching movies and this is beginning to depress me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

duffman13 wrote: »
    With the ps4 not playing videos from usb drives, does anyone have any workaround that works to enable this. I used my ps3 as much for gaming as watching movies and this is beginning to depress me.

Nope there is no workaround, there is no media support whatsoever at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The only way to do it is by streaming from another source and through the PS4's browser using HTML5.

Plex, PS3 Media Server work ( I think), etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

duffman13 wrote: »

No USB file type support at all....Sony say its due, at least CD and mp3....no idea about if avi/mp4/aac/wmv etc.will get support....if the PS3 can do it you'd bloody EXPECT the Ps4 to feckin do it!

:mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Jeez the console has barely been launched to most countries, give them a chance, play some games in the meantime.
    Would you prefer if they delayed the launch for this feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

eddhorse wrote: »
    Jeez the console has barely been launched to most countries, give them a chance, play some games in the meantime.
    Would you prefer if they delayed the launch for this feature?

It's something that should have been included from the start and its exclusion is unforgivable tbh.

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    It's something that should have been included from the start and its exclusion is unforgivable tbh.

You may give it back so. Least they aren't taking away features like the PS3 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

When your new console is less functional than your old console, you know you've fcuked up. Shocking from Sony tbh. No Youtube app is a joke as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CombatCow wrote: »
    Nope there is no workaround, there is no media support whatsoever at the moment.

They said they'd patch it in in the future ya?

They said they'd patch it in in the future ya?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Roar wrote: »
    When your new console is less functional than your old console, you know you've fcuked up. Shocking from Sony tbh. No Youtube app is a joke as well.

It's a disgrace Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The night i bought the machine and went to stick a load of music on it to no avail i was well pissed :pac:.

I know why they have taken it out but still ffs its a bit of a joke this day and age for such a high spec piece of tech not being able to read ****ing usb.

The sooner the better i can turn the volume up on Fifa 14 !!! :P.

Advertisement