Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walks around Kilbride

• 19-01-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I've recently come across some beautiful pictures of streams, rivers and small waterfalls in the Manor Kilbride area.. I was wondering if anyone could give me more detailed description of how to find such walks? Is Manor Kilbride a stately home or is it the name of an area? any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Antigonus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilbride,_County_Wicklow

Kilbride or Manor Kilbride is a village and civil parish

The R759 Road runs south from the N81 - starting approximately 1 mile southwest of Brittas. Stay left and follow the directions for the Sally Gap to stay on the R759. There is a pleasant forest walk at Cloghleagh Bridge, and waterfalls below the bridge. There are also pleasant walks at Shankill, along the upper reaches of the Liffey and more challenging mountainous walks up Seefin/Seefingan/Kippure. The Discovery series map Number 56 is useful for scouting out new walks. The same mapping information is available on the Ordnance Survey website, www.osi.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I'd say the east-west map 'Dublin and Wicklow Mountains' would be a better bet then the OSI map as it is a much larger scale plus it is designed for the outdoor user also. They seem to pay particular attention to available trails and the like.

Advertisement