Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G&G M14 EBR Hop Up

• 19-01-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, quick question for ye about my M14's Hop Up. While playing today I was using .3g Blaster BB's and noticed that even at the lowest setting the BB's would still spin up. Would this be a case of the Hop Up just not being "Broken In" yet or is something else up?

I know that they're supposed to have heavy Hop units though, didn't realize how heavy they were. Some other useful info is that it was firing at 240fps with the .3's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Possible chance that the nub is protruding even at lowest setting, no harm to check the barrell and hop and look down it through a light and see.

If it is, try a new nub or reposition the current one if it is a new one.

Just a thought.

DP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Sound, thanks for the advice will look into the nub, was also suggested over on Reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hey lads, quick question for ye about my M14's Hop Up. While playing today I was using .3g Blaster BB's and noticed that even at the lowest setting the BB's would still spin up. Would this be a case of the Hop Up just not being "Broken In" yet or is something else up?

I know that they're supposed to have heavy Hop units though, didn't realize how heavy they were. Some other useful info is that it was firing at 240fps with the .3's.

240fps with .30g BB's sounds right, weight dictates FPS switching to a lighter BB will bring up your FPS. You will be sacrificing range for tighter grouping and a more stable flightpath with heavier BB's a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.

Being an EBR owner myself there is defo a problem with the Hop by the sounds probably caught like DB said. Enjoy stripping it sown :P for the first time, take care with the motor cage and not to nip the cable harness on re-assembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

A strip and reassembly sorted mine out. Exactly the same issue. All the bolts were loose too so it's no harm to go through it early. I put up a sideshow of the process on YouTube. Search EBR stripping and reassembly.

Advertisement