Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digital Payment

Options
  • 19-01-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a Sky Digital package which comes to 62 euro a month. I went to the bank last week and put in the payment for this months payment. On the 6th of January there was 62 euro taken from my account and then 2 days later my tv was cut off. I rang Sky and they told me they didn't recive the payment for this month. I apolagised for the late payment and assured them that I would pay it as soon as I found out where the money from the bank went. I went to my bank and the gave me a full statement. On the statement it said that Sky Digital had recived 62 euro from my account on the 6th of January. I went a rang Sky back and after and hour on the phone they put me through to the manager. I had it out with him on the phone but he is still sticking to his story saying they havn't recived the payment. He then told me there is nothing he can do about it and put the phone down. I went back to the bank and they said sure it's on paper and they even gave me a transaction number. I gave all this to Sky but they are still saying they have not got the money. So at the minute I am a week here with no channels on the tv and 62 euro out of pocket. The bank is saying Sky have the money and Sky are saying they don't. What do I do next? 62 euro is a lot to a lad that hasn't really got it but it's not right the way they just dismiss you. It's my money at the end of the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I cant really think of anything, ringing up and causing war doesnt look like it will work.

Try lodging a formal complaint with Sky, its slow but atleast you may get a few months free when they do find the money.

At least you have a transaction number , date time etc.

I never had this issue with Sky though, is there any chance that the money has somehow been returned but is still shown as paid on your side. Have you changed DD or payment options or bank details latey?

I bet if you called up and tried to cancel they may look a bit harder for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I cant really think of anything, ringing up and causing war doesnt look like it will work.

Try lodging a formal complaint with Sky, its slow but atleast you may get a few months free when they do find the money.

At least you have a transaction number , date time etc.

I never had this issue with Sky though, is there any chance that the money has somehow been returned but is still shown as paid on your side. Have you changed DD or payment options or bank details latey?

I bet if you called up and tried to cancel they may look a bit harder for the money.

I have gone through everything with the bank trying to sort it out. They told me that if the payment was missing they would be able to claim back the money. But on the banks records it is coming up that Sky have received the money and processed it. They went through every possibility to claim the money back but once it has been processed that's it, it's done and dusted .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Claim back through the Direct Debit guarantee and make a manual payment to Sky, or alternatively cancel and go with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It sounds like Sky might have misapplied the payment to someone else's account.

Get Sky to verify that your account has the correct banking details. If there is a transaction number, then they can find the payment in their system, and find out which account it was applied to.

Advertisement