Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

despite speed bumps and pedestrian crossings...

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Cars are still flying up the "main" Charlesland road beside the big green and the new playground. Surely the increased prevalence of children deserves lower speed?

Most cars don't even slow down going over the pedestrian crossings. It drives me mad.

Suggestions on how to change this welcome.

Grrrrr.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

JandS wrote: »
    Cars are still flying up the "main" Charlesland road beside the big green and the new playground. Surely the increased prevalence of children deserves lower speed?

Most cars don't even slow down going over the pedestrian crossings. It drives me mad.

Suggestions on how to change this welcome.

Grrrrr.
    All I can suggest is if you get one behind you. Slow down to a ridiculous low speed and watch their faces in the rear view mirror. Hard to change them. One women went about 2 metres over the kerb on the roundabout the other day, then went full whack through the crossing and up the spine road! It's not just stupid men

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

People treat it as if it's a main road not a housing estate. It annoys me the amount of people that do stop at the crossings. I've even had someone go around me at the crossing when I had stopped to let someone go

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

The County Council has taken over the spine road. Contact them and/or the Gardai and ask them for a Gardai car to be present a morning or two. Should make people a bit more vary about the speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 goodwitch

It seems to me that nobody knows how to use pedestrian crossings correctly. My daughter and her pal were ON the crossing near St Patricks school and a car drove straight through.....lucky escape for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

All I can suggest is if you get one behind you. Slow down to a ridiculous low speed and watch their faces in the rear view mirror. Hard to change them. One women went about 2 metres over the kerb on the roundabout the other day, then went full whack through the crossing and up the spine road! It's not just stupid men

Good idea but we don't want to force them into a silly high-speed overtake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement