Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new or old Youtube?!

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Doing a project on popular social media networks and the advancement of technology. I'm specializing in YouTube and trying to find reasons to fault or dislike the current layout and functionality. If anyone has any comments or criticisms I'd love to hear them? I personally dislike the newer Youtube on mobile devices, but the ability to continue listening to videos while searching for new ones is great
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

In short, I do not like the new youtube.
    The annotation on by default and google plus have taken the joy out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Hate the new youtube and what they've done with the comments section in particular. So many comments that you can no longer respond to and it's much harder to find the original comment that a reply is referencing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I don't use my YouTube account at all so I never sign in. I don't see much of a difference in watching it really.

I prefer the look of the new player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

Hate the new youtube and what they've done with the comments section in particular. So many comments that you can no longer respond to and it's much harder to find the original comment that a reply is referencing.

What did they do with the comments?!! When you click the 'in reply to {username}' link to see what someone is responding to, you get redirected back to the same page!!

It's truly baffling how they can get that so wrong, how hard can it be like!

I hate the changes to the comments. I don't use Google+ and refuse to sign up because I don't have any interest in doing so. Therefore I just don't post comments at all anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Moofster

I hate the fact that they just want to force you to use G+... I like my username on Youtube, if I wanted to use my own name, I would've choose it first off!

Advertisement