Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritional Therapy IHS

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone every study with the institute of health sciences? I'm looking into a change of career and am quite interested in their nutritional therapy course. Anyone ever have any dealings with them/their courses/is the qualification a good one etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pheebs

Also there seems to be two different courses doing the nutritional therapy one is the IHS that I mentioned above and the other is CNM....anyone heard of/dealt with either one? Is one better than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 libbi

I was also thinking of this course but because there is new legislation coming in apperantly this is not a good course to do .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pheebs

libbi wrote: »
    I was also thinking of this course but because there is new legislation coming in apperantly this is not a good course to do .

Hi Libbi, thanks for your response but could you be more specific? What legislation are you referring to?

Thanks a mill! :)

Hi Pheebs .
    I was seriously considering this course but now ive changed my mind as the new laws may mean that you would not be able to work as a qualified nutritionist. Why dont you look at the DIT - Dietetics course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cahilda

Hi, can you be more specific, what law exactly changes to make this entire course invalid? I was looking at starting in September!

• Advertisement

There will be new legislation implemented soon . This will effect people working as nutritionists and dietitions. i was seriously considering this type of course too. be very careful and research these courses make sure they are sience based and really in fairness you should contact DIT and chat to them about this. The human nutrition and dietetics course students/ lecturer are who you want to touch base about this. It is alot of money to pay for a course which the qualification may become invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

http://www.coru.ie

State registration for allied health professionals has already started with social workers and radiographers/RTs. You would have to be registered to call yourself a dietician. As far as I'm aware the profession of nutritionist is unregulated, i.e. I could set up shop tomorrow calling myself one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kpsimpson

Same here I was very close to send in my enrolment papers to CNM, but did a lot of research and it looks pretty scary to invest in a career with rather serious doubtful future. Many people said that they are involved with Scientology arghhh that was the most scary part! The INH courses look very much like a money grabbing scam to be honest. I will go for a dietician degree course, it's going to be tough with a newborn and a 10 year old, but I truly love this area and I want to make sure I can make a living out of something I'm passionate about. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

Advertisement