Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao blooper

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was filling out my cao earlier online applying for mature nursing. I was in a rush filling it out as I'll be away for the next two weeks.

I didn't know there was a section about life history, experience etc. I messed it up rushing it and had no preparation put into it. Will I be assessed on it or will the test in April be the main factor?

Also why do I have to send my junior and leaving cert results if I'm applying on mature grounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

risteard7 wrote: »
    Hi, I was filling out my cao earlier online applying for mature nursing. I was in a rush filling it out as I'll be away for the next two weeks.

I didn't know there was a section about life history, experience etc. I messed it up rushing it and had no preparation put into it. Will I be assessed on it or will the test in April be the main factor?

Also why do I have to send my junior and leaving cert results if I'm applying on mature grounds?

The aptitude tests are the basis for the offers so they are the most important part of the process. You should be ok if you are only applying for mature student nursing but if you have included other course choices on your application then they will need you to complete the other fields you've missed.

Mature students applying to Nursing don't need to send a personal statement.

Re JC and LC results, these are to give colleges a rough idea of your academic potential. But as said before the assessment test is the important one. As long as you have completed all relevant sections for the mature students nursing route and used the MS nursing codes on your application you should be ok.

However you could email CAO to double check.

NB
    Also remember you need to register with the Public Appointments service in order to apply to sit the assessment test. You can register and create your profile on www.publicjobs.ie now and then register for the assessment test via the site between 24th Feb and 15th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Thanks a million paperclip your very helpful. Yes all my choices are mature nursing. I already filled out the personal statement but it was a rushed effort!

I also stated that I completed a FETAC level 5 healthcare support course, but I am not applying through the FETAC route.
    Will I still have to send them a copy of my certificate?

risteard7 wrote: »
    Thanks a million paperclip your very helpful. Yes all my choices are mature nursing. I already filled out the personal statement but it was a rushed effort!

I also stated that I completed a FETAC level 5 healthcare support course, but I am not applying through the FETAC route.
    Will I still have to send them a copy of my certificate?

Some people do, some don't. If you aren't applying through the FETAC route, just through MS, it won't make much difference to your application especially since there's no interview anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jade26

Please can someone help me I'm just wondering is there any chance I'm going to be able to change my course choices I never put down Galway and that's where I'm moving to help!! On the cao website it says there's no change of mind for nursing as a mature student as these are restricted I'm stressing out now!!!

If you already have some mature nursing course on your application form you can add mature nursing in Galway through change of mind. See page 16 of the CAO handbook for confirmation: http://www.cao.ie/handbook.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement