Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30l nano reef tank.

Options
  • 19-01-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys been keeping fresh water tanks. For more years then I care to remember. So the other day I converted a 30l tank to marine. Sand and live rock. Water got from lfs. Two filters running with just filter floss. As of today can see 2-3 snails moving about. Temp in tank around 24-25c. I'll be talking a water sample in to lfs in a few weeks. See what the reading are. What would you suggest to put in the nano reef. Was thinking some camel shrimp peppermint shrimp. Drawf gobbys. Clown fish would grow to big. Would a cleaner shrimp be to big also. One to any input or advice. Thanks again guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

oldon wrote: »
    Hi guys been keeping fresh water tanks. For more years then I care to remember. So the other day I converted a 30l tank to marine. Sand and live rock. Water got from lfs. Two filters running with just filter floss. As of today can see 2-3 snails moving about. Temp in tank around 24-25c. I'll be talking a water sample in to lfs in a few weeks. See what the reading are. What would you suggest to put in the nano reef. Was thinking some camel shrimp peppermint shrimp. Drawf gobbys. Clown fish would grow to big. Would a cleaner shrimp be to big also. One to any input or advice. Thanks again guys.

Sexy Shrimp. http://cdn.saltwaterfish.com/8/85/8560eacf_sexyshrimp.jpeg
    They wiggle their arses, hence the name. Small too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Sexy Shrimp. http://cdn.saltwaterfish.com/8/85/8560eacf_sexyshrimp.jpeg
    They wiggle their arses, hence the name. Small too.

Seen these. Very interesting little critters. What best price in Dublin for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

oldon wrote: »
    Seen these. Very interesting little critters. What best price in Dublin for these.

Not a question most people would be able to answer, as they would have a favorite one or two shops they frequent all the time.

Best thing you can do is visit this: http://www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum/index

Under the sponsors section is a list of the vast majority of the fish shops in the land. Have a ring around.

Two that got very good reviews in Practical Fishkeeping magazine are Arthane Aquatics and Seahorse Aquariums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fishington

I frequent both shops, very knowledgeable staff. I'm on the northside so tend to be in Artane more.Good luck with your new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Are you keeping a nano reef or a FOWLR nano tank?

Cleaner shrimp would be ok in a 30l but peppermint shrimp, sexy shrimp and if you can provide the asternia starfish - harlequin shrimp would suit better.

Careful what crabs you add if you are going reef, most are not reef safe and will nip as most zoanthids, and other soft corals never mind SPS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement